✨53✨

After one last stroke, I finished my make up and took a look at my mirror.

Damn, I am nervous.
I never wore heals since forever.

"Ara-yah," Jaehwan knocked at my door. "Sungwoon's here."

"Alright, wait a minute." I grabbed my purse and walked out my room.

It's gonna be alright.

".... you should've seen his face, though, ha ha ha" Both Jaehwan and Sungwoon laughed so hard. Seemed like they were too absorbed on their conversation so they didn't notice my presence.

"Guys? Done talking?"

"Ah, there she i- FUCK Ara, what the hell are you wearing?" Jaehwan choked.

"It's called dress, Jaehwan."

Sungwoon stood up, fixed his tuxedo and walked closer to me. "For you," he gave me a big, bouquet of roses.

"Thank you, I'll put it in my room, please wait," I excused myself, ignoring Jaehwan who was still looking at me with his mouth opened.

Author's pov

As Ara walked to her room very carefully, afraid her dress would ruin or stumble, Jaehwan looked at his friend with a big warning on his face. "Ha Sungwoon, I want my sister to be home tonight."

"You think I will kidnap her?" he laughed.

Jaehwan narrowed his eyes and shook his head. "I don't like the dress."

"It's pretty, though?"

"It's too revealing."

"It's long dress, Jjae," Sungwoon laughed.

"The top!" he shriek. "Didn't you see the top? What if someone looked at her in a wrong way? God, should I cancel my date and stay with-"

"That's why I'm here, Jaehwan. I'm protecting her in your place," he cut him, and quickly walked towards the stairs, offered Ara his hand. "Let's go?"

"Okay" she giggled, and accepted his hand. "I'll be going off now, Jjae. You will join us or-"

"I have my date, okay? As if I would be the third wheel," he grabbed his car keys and before he left the room, he warned Sungwoon again. "Remember what I said."

"Yeah, yeah, you have my word," Sungwoon laughed.

"What did you two talked about?" she asked Sungwoon, after he started driving.

"Oh, he gives me a chance,"

"What chance?"

"To prove myself that I am trustworthy." he replied, while driving.

"You're his best friend, of course he trusts you," I shook my head. "Just when I thought that guy couldn't be any weird."

"There are levels of trust, you know," he hit the brake, as the light turned red. "The 'I trust you to be the source of my home works', 'I trust you to be the one I share my secrets with', or even 'I trust you to be the last person I wanna be with.'"

"O...kay," I nodded. "What level does he expect?"

"The highest," he looked straight to the road, waited for the light to turn green.

"Is it 'will you die for me, Sungwoon-ah'?" I joked.

"No," turned his head, and gave me a small smile. "It's 'will you keep me alive and breathing?"

"That's gross," I shriek. "Please tell me the two of you don't have something behind me?"

"Maybe?"

"Yah! You take this too far!" I slapped him.

"You need to know, Ara," he chuckled. "not everyone breathes, are alive. They will not alive if their life is being taken away."

"Of course, I know that. How can people be alive if their soul was taken? So he wants you to protect his soul? Like the protector of grim-reaper? Does he live in anime or something?"

"I'm not talking about his life," he looked at me, deeply. "It's his reasoning for life. Something he treasures more than himself." After a meaningful smile, the light turned green and he started driving again. I look at him, confused.

"Are you a poetry?"

"And yet you want to aim for SNU," he laughed.

"What did you say?" I wanted to slap him again, but he stopped me.

"Stop it, you'll ruin my tux," he rolled his eyes.

"Deserve,"

He laughed at my remarks and moved his hand to the back seat, looked like he was looking for something. "Hey, I got you something," he put a box on my lap. "Open it before we go out,"

"Sungwoon Oppa, it's not really necessar--why am I not surprised?" I rolled my eyes as I saw what was the inside.

"I don't like sharing," he picked the scarf and tied it neatly. "That's a lot better."

"The point of this dress, is the top. Now you covered it."

"You don't like it?"

"Well, I forgive you because the scarf is pretty," I smiled. "But what if I wear another color and it aint a match?"

"I got it covered. Bought some colors," he walked out from his car and jogged to my seat, before opening the door like a gentlemen. "Now, shall we?"

"Smooth," I chuckled.

The two of us entered the hall, and I was mesmerized because of this beautiful decoration.

"It's so pretty, I almost don't recognize it's still a part of this school,"

"Yeah, it's not bad."

"Ara, Sungwoon," Seongwu walked to us happily, greeted us with the most joy.

"Tell me you're not drunk.." I looked at him worriedly.

"In alcohol? No!" he laughed. "But happiness, sure it is. Being graduated is something I'm so grateful for. I hope I didn't drain all of my luck, spare my luck for college, God."

Not long after that, Lisa came joined us and the four of us enjoyed the prom together. We laughed, drank, and talked a lot that night. Their last moment being together, as the student of this school.