✨40✨

"..But Damn, Ara, I love you so much,"

His last words kept ringing in my ears, even a week already passed. I felt butterflies, no, the whole zoo, in my stomach whenever the words came to my mind. It sounded so honest and... you know, it was Sungwoon we were talking about. He wouldn't just say it out of nowhere.

Now I looked at the clock in front of me. It was morning already, but I contemplated wheter should I go to school, or not. I already took a leave of absence and spent it at my home. Jaehwan really wanted to accompany me 24/7 but I told him I was okay, so he brought me to the psychologist everyday.

You read that right. Everyday.

I actually didn't think it would help, but because Sungwoon persuaded me to meet one, so I tried. It surprisingly helped me so much. Maybe I should've listened to him more. He really knew what was the best for people.

"Ara," Jaehwan barged into my room, with his hair was still wet. "You come?"

"Should I?"

"Well, I'll be receiving the awards today.. You won't come?" he asked.

"I'll come, don't worry." I assured him, and he gave me a thankful look.

I prepared myself to go to school, didn't bring my books because this day was school festival. Jaehwan brought his car because he had plans with his friends later, so we arrived earlier than usual. We went out from the car and looked at the beautiful. surrounding.

The theme was nice, and all in blue color. Kinda reminded me of Sungwoon, actually. Blue suited him the best. I brushed off my thought as I noticed I kept thinking about him. Jaehwan looked worried, and seemed like he misunderstood. He dragged me to his class, really against the idea of me coming to my class.

"It's weird, Jjaeni, why would I be in your class when I have my own," I pouted.

"It's not," he signalled me to sit in his seat, and he met some of his friends. They were all kind and made me comfortable. As expected of boys, they didn't do gossip and such.

Later, Seongwu came to the class and called the boys. "Guys, let's go. The event has started!"

Jaehwan asked me to come along with them, and gathered at the school yard. The opening ceremony has started, and I got bored. I played with my hair but I stopped it once I heard familiar voice.

"Hello, everyone," he started. I automatically lifted my head as I heard the one special voice. "I'm school president, Ha Sungwoon. Thank you for putting your trust in me as a school president for two years, when people usually only get one.

I... would say more words than I used to do, because this would be the last school festival I'll take a charge in. Last year of being a school president, and... last year being a student here. Thank you so much, I hope you can bare with me for two or three months before I graduate. I'll give the mic to Lisa now," he ended his speech with a chuckle, and I heard students were cheering and clapping.

Lisa unnie was giving her speech, talked more formal things. I didn't hear what she said, because my eyes were fixed on Sungwoon. He seemed to notice it, too, so he gave me a smirk.

I blushed at the sudden contact, and I was slapped by my brother. "Yah, Ara, prepare your camera, now. I'll go to the stage."

"Sure, Jjae, sure," I quickly prepared my camera as he was called to the front. "Congrats to our football team, we finally got the first place. Let's call the team now, started with the Captain!"

Jaehwan walked proudly to the stage, followed by the loud cheer. I captured the moments, ever since the first step he took. He looked so happy, and he deserved the cheer so much. He was in the center now, holding the big trophy.

"I want to thanks the team, the coach, the managers, and especially my sister, Kim Ara," He started. "I won't make it without you, sis. And everyone else, too! Ah, no, principal, you weren't included," he joked.

The principal gave him a warning look before pulled him into hug. He gave him a personalized medal, along with the other members. They all bowed to the principal before leaving the stage, and I stopped the recording.

"Hey," Sungwoon jogged to my direction. "Didn't think you would come."

"I won't skip the awarding night for my brother,"

"Awarding day, you mean?"

"Whatever," I chuckled.

"Did you go around already? I didn't see you in your class."

"Well, because I am in yours. Wait, did you go looking for me?"

"I just happened to be close to your class,"

"Try a better excuse," I chuckled and he just laughed.

"Want to go around the festival with me?"