♔︎ 𝐢𝐢.

"...I wake up in the morning and I wonder
Why everything's the same as it was
I can't understand, no, I can't understand
How life goes on the way it does "

I wake up in the morning and I wonderWhy everything's the same as it wasI can't understand, no, I can't understandHow life goes on the way it does "

Chapter II
"where you off to Johnnycake?" I heard Dally say as i fixed my shirt and tied my shoes. "I'm helpin' someone study for a test."
"This 'someone' gotta name?"
he knew who i was meeting up with and just wanted to hear me say her name. I sighed in annoyance. "Charity Colett."
"That pretty soc huh? Go Johnny. Getting prettier broads than i ever could" he said snorting about his own comment. Im pretty sure he had been drinking and when he was drunk, he had always either been fighting, or acting a lot like two bit which i thought was ironic.
"Not exactly excited 'bout it Dal. You wanna go for me?" I was being sarcastic, but in all truth, i really wish he knew ANY french so he could go for me and i could get out of having to go. "Shoot kid, sure. Wanna teach me french too?"

"No thanks. One person is enough."
~
I made my way to the library and spotted Charity sitting by the windows. I was surprised to see her without her whole group of friends all around her, even to see her actually reading the book. I went up to where she sat and pulled everything i would need out of my bag, not saying anything. I saw her slowly look up at me.
"You made it. I grabbed some extra books i thought might be helpful." She said smiling so lightly. I nodded, opening up my book. "Okay. We'll start with basics. Quel temps fait-il?"

She looked at me blankly. "What... um.."
"I asked what is the weather like. Temps can mean weather. Got it?" I said quietly, sighing. This was going to be a looong study session.
~
It was 8:00 now, the library closed at 8:30 and i didn't plan on spending all night helping her pass a test that I should be studying for. But thankfully, she was coming along. "Okay, just so i can see you're making progress.. wanna introduce yourself FULLY ?"
She nodded, clearing her throat.
after she finished talking, She smiled very brightly. I also smiled too, seeing how pretty quickly she picked up everything. "Oh my goshhh i can't believe i just- wow. I really couldn't have done this without you Johnny. thank you SO SO much!!" She said ecstatically while giving me a big hug. I hadn't had a genuine hug from anyone in a LONG time. It actually made me smile which means a lot if it came from the girl i despised the most. She finally let go from hugging me for what felt like an eternity, she looked down at the books, fixing her dress. "Well Johnny, i won't take up anymore of your time.. i know you probably have more important things than helping me.." she let out a small chuckled. I really didn't, but it would have been better for me to get back to the gang so they didn't worry that i was out too late or layin' in a ditch somewhere. "Its no problem. Hope ya do good on the test." I waved gently putting my hands in my jean pockets. I hated how awkward i felt around beautiful girls like her. If this was some greaser girl, i don't think i'd have a problem. But this girl sure different than any other, especially Soc girl.
B-but that didn't mean i liked her at all.

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°
Thanks for reading!
Stay gold 💛
~haley~

>> Song lyrics above: Skeeter Davis- End of the World<<

Word amount: 624