♔ 𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.

" Johnny you told me
You were no fool, you were no chump
Then you got cold feet
Now all you'll be is a speed bump
It's something we call
Oh just a small family business
And the family won't like this
They'll bust your knee caps "

CHAPTER XXXIII
charity's pov

we finally got our tickets to watch a movie after paying for everyones candy, popcorn and drinks. We agreed on watching the newest popular movie, West Side Story. Apparently its a movie based on the upper class part of New York, making two gangs on the lower class their rivals, but the gang member falls in love with a girl in the upper class side.

The more i thought about it, the more i realized this was basically the story of mine and the gang's life, especially for Johnny and i.

We all walked into the dark room, we found a free row, me and Johnny sitting next to each other.

After a few minutes of previews, the movie finally started. About 15 minutes in, i noticed Johnny becoming more fidgety and nervous for some reason.

"J-johnny? Are you okay?" I whispered to him, putting a piece of popcorn in my mouth.

He anxiously looked at me. "Y-yeah.. i'm o-okay." He nodded.

I was still confused but it was probably nothing, so i shook it off.

Then, i noticed Dally and Johnny whispering back and forth to each other. I understood Dally probably not being interested in the movie or getting bored, but did he have to distract Johnny?

Dally kept eyeing me as he continued whispering to Johnny before i finally had enough of it.

"Okay, what?" I interrupted him talking to Johnny.

He put his hands up. "Nothin.' Just.. having a nice talk with my friend." Dally grinned at me before whispering another think to Johnny real quick.

Johnny nervously smiled at me. "S-sorry 'bout Dal..." he looked back up at the movie, as i did the same.

Moments later i saw Johnny's hand rest behind the seats. Not necessarily around me, but just behind them. Dally subtly hit the back of Johnny's head. Right now i was completely confused, all i wanted to do was watch the movie which seemed impossible with these boys. Darry couldn't sit still, Soda and steve just talked or made fun of the movie the whole time, Dally and Johnny were having their shenanigans, me and Pony were the only ones actually WATCHING it.

Then i felt a pair of arms cozy up around my neck. They were Johnny's. He just looked at me giving me the sweetest smile.

How cute~

I rested on his shoulder, as he rested his head on the top of my head. I could feel his steady, calm breathing which was different than how he was acting a while ago.

Was this what he was so nervous about? I don't get it.

"Was that so hard now?" I chuckled, looking up at him.

"Yes, actually. You're lucky i didn't pretend to yawn and stretch my arm around you like Dally told me." He whispered with a grin forming.

"Oh my god. Way too cheesy." I giggled.

"Exactly. Let's just watch this movie huh?"

•••
Thanks for reading!
Stay gold 💛

Word count: 548

Song lyrics above: Pomplamoose - Bust Your Kneecaps