♔ 𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢

"...Smoking cigarettes on the roof
You look so pretty and I love this view
Don't bother looking down
We're not going that way
At least I know I am here to say"

Smoking cigarettes on the roofYou look so pretty and I love this viewDon't bother looking downWe're not going that wayAt least I know I am here to say"

Chapter XVIII
Johnny's pov:

"What'd you say to me?! Huh?? You little shit! You're worthless! All you are to me and your mother is a stupid mouth to feed! We never wanted a son! We never loved you! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

My father's deep voice and words spiraled through my head as i vividly dreamed a horrible nightmare. Why couldn't i wake up?

The last thing i remember is my dad hitting my before i woke up trembling with tears slowly coming out of my eyes. "Johnny?? Johnny! Are you okay? What's wrong?" Charity's voice said from beside me. That's weird. What was charity doing here?
"C-Charity?" I looked up at her. I realized then i was in her bed, as she was too. "It's okay im here.. what happened? W-Why are you crying?" She looked worried sick. "I-i just had a nightmare..."

"Of your dad? You were mumbling some stuff.. i heard something about your dad but i didn't hear much.. i think we fell asleep for a while after talking or whatever." She rubbed her tired eyes.
"Oh yeah.. we must've.. well its already 12am so i guess i'll get off to bed." I nervously stood up putting my hands in my pocket. "W-wait.. could you maybe stay..? I just feel sorta overcome with sadness if im alone.. you can leave after i fall asleep if you want, i just feel comfortable with your presence the most.. at least more than my parents." She shyly chuckled. Shoot.. she want's me to stay the night? What was this turning into..

"O-okay.." i got back into the bed as she laid on her side facing me. "Johnny?"
"Yeah?"
"How did you get the scar on your face?"
I figured she would ask about this sooner or later.
"Bob and those socs. Beat me up real bad when i was looking for the gang's football. I think steve and soda found me first, then the rest of the gang came. I guess the socs hurt me more with the words they said than they actually did, physically.. but i'm used to it. From my parents and all." I said sighing as i closed my eyes, trying not to re-live the picture of everything that had happened. Charity sat up, looking as white as a ghost with remorse and worry for me. "Oh my... im so sorry johnny.. maybe if i knew you better back then before it happened i coulda stopped them.." she pouted. "Its okay. All things happen for a reason i guess." I gave a melancholy, fake smile to her. "All the bad things in life come for free, ya know?" She said as she looked up at the ceiling, drifting off into space. "Tell me about it." I yawned. Charity laid back down, snuggling into the blankets, still facing me before giving me a smile. You make my heart melt, Charity. Before i laid down next to her, i turned the lamp off, making the moonlight take the lights place, which lit up the whole room making Charity's resting, rosy cheeks appear a light blue, as the window shun right next to her. I sure had the wrong opinion about her at first. I mean, i always thought she was beautiful, but she's not only beautiful on the outside.. but on the inside too, so i've learned. Barely 15 minutes passed before Charity was out cold, sleeping so peacefully and soundly. It was quite chilly inside the room and although i could have used the blanket, human heat warms up faster right? I very verrry gently scooted towards Charity, carefully putting my arm on the curve of her waist. Looking at the very small curve that appeared at the ends of her lips. We laid close to each other now. I wondered if her heart could have been skipping a million beats a second, like mine had been. Her breathing was as soft as could be. I remembered the hug she gave me earlier. I wondered if she felt what people like to call "the spark" as well. Maybe i was thinking like a cliche or just getting caught up in the moment. I couldn't be falling for a soc like Charity..

Or so i keep telling myself.

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°
Thanks for reading!
Stay gold! 💛
~Haley~

>> Song lyrics above: Girl in Red - we fell in love in October <<

Word count: 787