♔ ︎ 𝐢𝐯.

"...But there's no happy endings
Not here and not now
This tale is all sorrows and woes
You dream that justice
And peace win the day,
But that's not how the story goes "

But there's no happy endingsNot here and not nowThis tale is all sorrows and woesYou dream that justiceAnd peace win the day,But that's not how the story goes "

Chapter IV
Johnny's pov:

"You ready Dal? Pony? Everyone else, since ya'll suddenly need to come to the movies when im hangin' with a girl for once." I sighed.
"Awh, don't take it personal or anything Johnny, but we ain't goin' for you—"
"Yeah we goin' for the broad!" Two bit and Dally said patting each other's backs obnoxiously while laughing. "Ha. Ha. Let's get goin' its already 6:32."

"Yessir almighty master."

~
"Guys. Lets go through here." Dally said as he pointed to the other side of the Nightly double to some broken fences. "But we have the money to pay-"

"If i wanted to pay i would alright Johnny? Plus.. it's more fun doin' it the illegal way." He snarked. I just sighed and went along with dally's plan. At least now i have money to maybe buy us food, even though without a doubt she probably had a whole $100 bill in her pocket, just 'cause she has the money.

I finally got in after waiting for 3 other people to sneak under the fence. And just as planned, there she was. Standing there with her curly long and bright brown hair and even deep, bright blue eyes. She outshined everyone at the movies by a TON. I could see that she was standing alone looking around, possibly for me. I walked off from the gang without saying anything making my way towards her. I figured it would be funny to sneak up behind her so i did, tapping her shoulder to see her turn around swiftly. "Johnny!! You came! Was i supposed to be scared?" She laughed.

"Oh no i was just coming here with my gang. Saw you were actually lonely for once." I told her off sarcastically. Which THANK GOD she laughed at because it would be the most awkward thing if she didn't. "Ah well, wouldn't be the end of the world wouldn't it?" She smiled. She walked off, so i followed her to an empty row of seats. It was nice to be alone i guess. Maybe i admit she wasn't as bad as i kept on thinking she was. I guess it's not her fault she was born a soc with tons of money.

"HEY CHARITY!" Her group came running over to her with arms full of popcorns and soda's. Of course i spoke too soon. I looked at her with a sort of "what are they doing here" look as she halfheartedly looked back at me. "Hey guys.. um.. Girls, this is Johnny Cade, Johnny this is Brianne, Jade, Valerie, and Cherry... my friends." She pointed out each of the girls then looked down as she called them her friends which made me wonder, but it was best not to get involved with her problems. "H-hi.." i said softly. Then, the group of girls pulled Charity to the side a little. I could still hear what they were saying and i knew they were talking about me since all of them kept looking back at me. I heard a few comments like "you're hanging out with a greaser?" And " why choose this homeless trash? You know Alexander asked you to go to dinner with him right?" Alexander was this incredibly handsome and rich soc. If you imagined Elvis Presley and the looks of Clint Eastwood, you'd have Alexander Hudson. And i wouldn't blame Charity if she had chosen him over old me. But calling me trash? Thats a bit harsh. Whatever. I just knew i shouldn't have gone and gotten my hopes up about tonight and especially about her.

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°
Thanks for reading!
Stay gold bb's 💛
~ Haley ~

>> song lyrics above: Series of Unfortunate Events- Thats Not How the Story Goes <<

Word amount: 656