♔︎ 𝐢𝐢𝐢.

"...Oh, Moody blue
Tell me who I'm talking' to
You're like night and day
And it's hard to say
Which one is you "

Oh, Moody blueTell me who I'm talking' toYou're like night and dayAnd it's hard to sayWhich one is you "

Chapter III
Charity's pov:

I felt so bad today after Johnny taken all of his time to help me pass the test when i should have been studying and paying attention. I've always quite liked him, he was always so quiet, pretty smart, and he had real friends who stood up for him all the time, no matter the situation. I wish i could say the same for me, but i guess i'll have to live with what i've got. I stayed up until 2am just thinking about him. I don't think he likes me.. i could understand why i mean, i have everything and from what i've heard, he has almost nothing. I really wish i could make today up to him or just be a friend to him. I walked over to my vanity and pulled out a piece of paper writing a letter to Him.
Dear Johnny,
I get that you don't like me much and i know i can't change your opinion on me, but well.. i'd like to try.. if you agree with it, meet me at the nightly double Friday night. I hope to see you there!
-Charity C.
~
I wrapped the letter into an envelope putting it into my backpack for tomorrow. Although i couldn't get my mind off him, i forced myself to drift off to sleep.

Next day ~

"Good afternoon class, as planned, today we will be having our french introduction test, when i pass the paper to you, you may start. Good luck." I barely heard the teacher talking as i was mainly focused on someone else. If you would have guessed Johnny, you'd be right. "Charity? There something wrong?" Mrs. Lowy asked. "Uh-oh no. Nothings wrong.." i quickly looked away from Johnny beginning my test which, thanks to him, was a breeze to get through. His friend Ponyboy was first to finish, then of course him, then me, and then followed by the rest of the class. As the final bell rang to let us know school was over, i packed up quickly not minding my friends, and snuck the letter into Johnnys bag when he wasn't looking. Of course my friend group was right out there waiting for me. " so we gonna just walk to the nightly double or something?" One of them said. "Nah its still pretty early. I'm actually bringing another person along with us so.. im gonna go home and change up a bit. Wanna meet there?" I said.
"Ooo and who is this "person"? Is it a cute guy??" They all "ooo'd" at me. "Well.. its a guy which is none of your business" i slowly walked away as they looked at me like i was crazy.

Later

When i got home i made sure i fixed my makeup, putting on a casual outfit. It's not like it needs to be anything formal or whatever..

"Where are you going? Dinner's almost done" my mom said coming out of the kitchen. "I was gonna go to the nightly double with Valerie and Cherry and all them.. is that okay?"

She sighed. "At least be home before midnight?"
"Thanks. I will!" I said quickly leaving out the front door and off to the Movies.

Johnny's pov:

"Hey Johnny. Got a cancer stick? I'm takin' a walk 'round the block and im all out." Dally asked just before i had made it inside the Curtis's house. I looked through my pocket to find i only had 2 cigarettes left. "Here. Now get outta here." I said jokingly as i flipped the cigarette to Dal making him wear a foolish smirk, jumping down the stair way. When i finally got in, no one talked to me until Soda pointed out a pink envelope in the side pocket of my backpack."whats this, Johnnycake?" He pulled it out grinning. "Dunno... i don't got any pink envelopes. Must be from someone.." he unhesitatingly ripped open the envelope to find a tan-ish white paper inside with my name on it. "Well, it's no mistake. It's for you." He flipped the letter over displaying my name on the front of the letter written in perfect, delicate cursive handwriting which had me shocked with how someone could have handwriting this neat and beautiful. All i could wonder was who it was from.
As i opened it, the first thing i read was "dear johnny." Again, written in the same perfect cursive.
"...meet me at the nightly double Friday night. I hope to see you there!
-Charity C."

My eyes went wide as i read that it was from Charity. She had explained that she knew i disliked her this whole time, yet she still want's to be around me? "Woahh Charity Colett?? That super pretty Soc? How'd you pick a broad like her up, huh?" Soda remarked looking over my shoulder reading the letter.

"What? That some kind of Love letter from her?" Two bit laughed taking a swig of his beer. "Pshh it's no love letter.. she just want's to hang out.. says to meet her tonight at the nightly double."

"I can take ya there. I was gonna get boozed up, maybe pick up some chicks while I'm at it anyways. Plus, i think Dally's goin' there too anyways." Two said, which honestly i was glad they were going 'cause that meant i wouldn't have to be alone with her. Im sure she wouldn't mind anyways. "Great. Should we go at 7pm?
"Seem's fine to me."

Now i have something to get ready for. I wanted to look decent for her. I mean.. not FOR Her.. just cause she's a soc and last thing i want is her judging how i look. I guess to them, looks are everything so why not make an effort to look good. Not that i care...

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°
Thanks for reading!
Stay gold bb's 💛

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。Thanks for reading! Stay gold bb's 💛

>> song lyrics above: Elvis Presley- Moody Blues<<

Word amount: 1009