♔ 𝐱𝐥.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, Way up high
And the dreams that you dreamed of Once in a lullaby. Oh, somewhere over the rainbow Bluebirds fly, And the dreams that you dreamed of.. Dreams really do come true"

____

𝚇𝙻

- Charity's Pov -

I woke up to the shock of feeling someone tugging at my arm, telling me to jump. I guess i dozed off, but i really don't remember it.

But somehow, i felt myself jumping out of the moving train. I didn't necessarily KNOW i was jumping out, but all i could think about was, are we going to make it? Is Pony okay getting out? Does he need help??

I hardly knew what was going on before i laid there on damp grass with tall weeds surrounding us.

I rubbed my eyes to awaken. I saw Pony and Johnny there still laying down as the breathed heavily from the jump.

Johnny groaned. "Blast it, Ponyboy... you must've put my legs to sleep. I can't even stand up. I barely got off the train.." he said rubbing his legs.

"I-im sorry.. why didn't you wake me up?" Pony asked.

"Yeah.. you could have woken me up too, it wouldn't have been any trouble-" i said.

"Thats okay. I didn't wanna wake ya'll up until i had to. Anyways, it's almost dawn. We better get walkin' and ask for some help finding Jay Mountain..." he asked, looking around.

Johnny's voice was still hoarse and groggy from the very little sleep he got, which made me feel bad.

"The story wont be in the paper yet. Pony, make like a farm boy taking a walk or something, go ask someone, yeah?" I told him, squinting at the rising sun in the sky.

"I don't look like a farm boy..."

I pulled Pony's arms to bring him closer to me, examining him. His Long, greasy, slicked back hair and oversized, shaggy, worn-out clothes was almost a dead greaser giveaway.

I dusted off his shirt and pants, and then tied the jacket Dally gave him around his waist.

Then i pulled a piece of a wheat that was planted. "Here. Now that you look decent enough, put this in your mouth if we find someone. Then you'll look like a farm boy." I grinned.

We walked over the fields for a little bit until we crossed paths with a road, just over a fence.

"So.. who's going over the fence?" I asked.

"I'll have to stay here.. my legs are too worn out. hey, Pony, you go down the road and ask the first person you see where Jay Mountain is." Johnny winced at the pain from his legs. "And for Pete's sake, run a comb through that hair and quit slouching down like a thug." His voice became more stern.

Pony pulled out a comb and brushed over the loose and messy strands of hair that hung over his face and smirked.

"I guess i look okay now, huh, Johnny?"

Me and Johnny giggled.

"You know, you look an awful lot like Sodapop, the way you've got your hair and everything. I mean, except your eyes are green." He said, holding onto the stick he had picked up.

"They ain't green, they're grey. And i look just about as much like soda as you do. He's good looking." Pony said seriously.

"Shoot." Johnny grinned at the both of us. "You are too."

__

"Okay, Pony. Let's get you over that fence then." I told him, looking over it.

Thank you for reading
𝓼𝓽𝓪𝔂  𝓰𝓸𝓵𝓭

Song lyrics above: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Word count: 602