♔︎ 𝐢𝐱.

"...Everything I do the way I wear my noose
Like a necklace
I wanna make 'em scared like I could be anywhere
Like I'm wreck-less "

Chapter IX

As we finally walked out, i decided to stay silent about the Lot and his parents. I'm sure he has his own reasons. "You ready?" Johnny asked as i nodded. For a little bit, we talked about the most random things like our favorite meals or what goes through our head at night when we can't sleep. Everything was going great. That was, until we got close to his house. We heard the scream of a woman and the piercing loud yelling voice of a man and even glass shattering. "Johnny??" He had been running towards his house. We both walked in to his dad holding a beer bottle. The bottom had been shattered. "Johnny! What are you doing home!?" His dad said in a menacing tone. "Did you hit mom with that?" He bad simply asked. It didn't look like it though. Maybe he tried to but his mom stood there looking at her husband with a glare. "What did you say boy?"

"I asked, did you hit mom with that?" Johnny asked again, this time showing a little more confidence. Before we knew it, Johnny's dad quickly grabbed another beer bottle, and bashed it against Johnny's shoulder, knocking him out to the ground. "JOHNNY!!" I yelled as He was yelping in pain.
"What's wrong with you??! This is your own SON! Why would you hurt him! You're just hurting your family!" I screamed at him, furious that he would hurt someone like Johnny. Especially since he is his own child. "Stay outta this little 'soc' no one asked for you to come into MY house and give your opinion on me. Go back to your mansion and stay out of my sons life." He said trying to push me out of the door. But i wouldn't budge. "Did ya hear me?? Get outta my house!!" He was now trying to grab me by the wrist to drag me out of his house. I pulled my wrist away as hard as i could. "Leave her alone!" I heard Johnny's now raspy voice. "Dont. Touch me." I said as Johnny quickly but gently grabbed my hand running off with me. "YEAH AND BOTH OF YOU CAN STAY OUT OF THIS HOUSE! 'SPECIALLY YOU, LITTLE—" we were long gone away from the house before we could hear what else he had to say. We took a stop for breathers as i held my wrist where it was not red from how hard his dad's grip was. He looked at me with the saddest puppy dog eyes. "I am so so sorry Charity... i guess now i know i'm not going home tonight." He said leaning against an old wall where we stopped at. Then i thought of my house. How bad would it be if he stayed a night there? My parents would surely let him since he's basically homeless. And even if they don't like him or don't let him, i am not sleeping in my warm bed in my big house knowing he's sleeping under some newspapers outside in the cold weather. "Hey Johnny.. don't worry. Im okay." I gingerly smiled at him, reassuring him that he had nothing to worry about. "Let's just walk to my house and talk about good stuff instead of what happened.. it'll be good for you. And i'll see what i can do about your shoulder. I feel terrible about it—"

"No you don't have to take care of me Charity, really-"
"No Johnny, i insist. I won't be able to live on with life knowing you're hurt. C'mon." I smiled again, walking away.
"F-fine..." was the last thing he said about that conversation.
You'll be okay Johnny. I'll make sure of it.

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°
Thank you for reading!
Stay Gold bb's 💛
~Haley~

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。Thank you for reading!Stay Gold bb's 💛~Haley~

>> Song lyrics above: Billie Eilish - Bellyache <<
Word count: 667