♔ 𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱.

"Wait down by the stream
How sweet it will seem
Once more just to dream
In the moonlight"

_____

𝚡𝚡𝚡𝚒𝚡

Pony's pov
_____________

As much as i wanted to sleep the whole night away, the rattling of the train made that hard. As i woke up, i heard Johnny and Charity talking. I was awake, but i didn't move. I wanted them to think i was still sleeping.

"Johnny.. do you think we'll be okay?" I heard Charity ask.

"At the church? I mean.. we'll get food, we'll have shelter—"

"No i mean, do you think we'll be okay.. with the police? There's gonna be a trial.. a judge, police, everything..." she said, sounding very worried, which made me frown. I hadn't even thought much about what would happen to us in the future much.

"Darlin,' don't worry about that. Everything is going to be fine.. we'll just do like Dally said. Don't do so much as stick out noses out the door." Johnny reassured, even though more was bound to happen, at least some day.

I thought it was nice how Johnny would only tell us everything was going to be okay, but i think all three of us know that can't be true.

I guess he just doesn't want us, especially me, to worry. But we have to be in this together.

~

After a while, everything was pretty quiet, besides the banging of the train against the railroad tracks. I figured the both of them had fallen asleep.

I gently turned my head on Johnnys legs, still pretending i was sleeping.

I saw that Charity had been sleeping on Johnny's shoulder while Johnny gazed at the outside of the train.

I decided to get some more sleep instead of staying up with him, since i knew i would need all the sleep i could get.

Thanks for reading!
𝓼𝓽𝓪𝔂  𝓰𝓸𝓵𝓭

Song lyrics above: Patience and Prudence - Tonight You Belong To Me

Word count: 323