♔ 𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.

[ You're the reason that I feel so strong
The reason that I'm hanging on
You know you gave me all the time
Oh, did I give enough of mine?
Hold on, darling
This body is yours,
This body is yours and mine. ]

CHAPTER XXVII
Charity's pov:

"So.. this wedding. It's a big one?" i asked Sandy from the dressing room stall next to her's.

"Yeah! They're having it in like.. Florida or somethin'. Soda's suuuper upset about it."

"I bet.. but, it's only a few days. I'm sure he won't mind as long as you have fun ya know?"

"Right. Totally, thats what i tell him but well, you know Sodapop. He's the bawl baby in the family" we both laughed.

As i began to remove my clothes, i started having flashbacks to Alexander constantly kicking me and throwing me around. feeling the pain, and the sheer terror of wanting him so stop, yet not being able to stop it at all. I felt a panic attack coming on. Maybe it was because i was scarred from it, or some sort of PTSD.. i don't know. All i know is that i couldn't help whatever emotions came pouring out. My breathing became heavy as i stared at the almost black and blue bruises all over my body.

"Are you alright Charity?"

"...Charity? A-are you okay?" I heard the faint voice of Sandy as i quickly got dressed grabbing the clothes i had still on the Hangars. I left the dressing room, trying to catch a breath as i just cried my eyes out. I don't know why i was remembering these horrible.. memories.

Sandy came running after me. "Charity! Are you okay? What happened?"

"C-can you just take me t-to Johnny.. o-or Pony's house" i said choking on my words as she nodded, returning all of our dressed to the staff lady.
~

When we got to the house, the gang was already outside, goofing around and playing some football in the yard. Sandy got out of the car as soon as she pulled up into the driveway, jogging towards Johnny. I was still.. i wanna say, paralyzed? It's like everything i tried to think of only brought me back to thinking about that night. I couldn't stop crying, or move. I just sat in the car, looking up at the roof, not really caring about anything else other than trying to drift away from these thoughts.

Johnny's pov:

"Hey Sandy—"

"What's wrong with Charity?? She freaked out at the mall and has been uncontrollably crying ever since... and.. she asked for you" she said raising her voice.

"What? oh no..." i made my way to the car to see Charity just sitting there.. sobbing with her head in her hands. I opened the car door and climbed up the seat, sitting next to Charity to comfort her.

"Hey.. hey its okay.." she leaned in to my arms, whimpering in sadness. This broke my heart, to be honest. I mean, it made me sad to see ANY lady crying but.. with Charity, it was different. And i didn't know if it was because i knew the horrible thing that had happened to her, or if it was because of my love for her. I never wanted her to be sad or live this kind of horrible life.

"I just couldn't do it.. looking at.. ME.. i—"

"...its okay. You were.. beat up badly! Everything will be okay.. I remember when Bob and the other Socs jumped me really badly, i was the same way.. paranoid of everything and everyone.. but eventually the GOOD people in my life made it easier to cope with.. we are all here for you.."

Charity looked at me with sad, wide eyes.
"I remember when you came into school that week... you looked aweful.. i felt so bad." She sniffed.

I chuckled. "But the point is, i got better.. the gang and i will always be here for you. No matter what. Just like they were with me, and just like how you have been helping me throughout all of this."

"Thank you.." she smiled, as her voice cracked slightly.

I just brought her into another hug, bringing her outside of the car.

"Want me to walk you home?"

"S-sure... bye guys." She waved at everyone.

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°
Thanks for reading!
Stay Gold 💛
~ Haley ~

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。Thanks for reading!Stay Gold 💛~ Haley ~

>> Song Lyrics above: Vance Joy - Mess is Mine <<

Word count: 743