♔ 𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢.

[ We never got it right
Playing and replaying old conversations
Overthinking every word and I hate it
'Cause it's not me ('cause it's not me)
And what's the point in hiding? ]

CHAPTER XXVI
Johnny's pov:

"Hey Charity.. how you doing?" I asked as she sat outside. It was the next day and her parents asked nothing about her. I guess it was good but.. i really wanted to her have someone to talk to.. someone who wasn't me, who could DO something about the situation. "You scared me. I-im doing okay.." she looked down. "Hey, do you wanna go to the gangs? Just.. get away from life for a while? Have a laugh?" I asked her. Her face lit up. "That sounds like fun."

When we finally got to Pony's house, i realized it was noisier than usual. We walked in to see Sandy, Soda's girlfriend. "Oh.. hey Sandy. how are ya?"

"Good, Thanks Johnny. Who's your pretty friend huh?" She smiled, holding her hand out to shake. "Im Charity.." she half smiled.

"Hey, big favor for me to ask since i just met you, but, could you help me with dress shopping? My cousin is getting married and well, i need to pick out a dress i could use your help with."

"Oh.. sure!"

"Uh.. i guess we can hang out later, Johnny?" She asked me. "Oh for sure.. go ahead. Have fun." I smiled.

After they left, the gang turned to me. "How's she uh.. how's she doing?" Dally asked. "To be honest, i don't know. She doesn't wanna talk about it or talk to anyone so.. i guess we all handle things our own way.." i put my hands in my pocket as Dally patted me on the back. "So, when you askin' her out?" He grinned. "What?! How do you—" i stopped.

"PONY!! You promised!!"

"Im sorry! He forced me! Plus, you make it pretty obvious that you like her anyways so its not like it was rocket science for all of us to figure it out!" Pony said defensively. I sighed. "I don't know if i could. Especially considering everything, man. You think she'd ever wanna even be touched by another guy after that?"

They looked at me half hearted. "How do you know its not what she needs? Ya know, the support. She obviously really likes you to i mean, she's always smiling and happy around you, hugging you, she goes to YOU out of everyone when she's sad or has a problem, she clearly wants to be closer to you. Maybe you both are good for each other.. ya know?" Pony said.

"Plus.. ya'll are livin' with each other anyways so-"
"Too soon Two bit." I scoffed.

"I-i'll do it when i feel like its the right time to, okay?"

"Fine.. you do you." Dally said.

~At mall with Sandy~

"So how long have you and Soda been together?" I asked Sandy as she picked through dresses and clothes. "Uh.. about 3 Months." She smiled.
"Wow. Thats a while. Good for you guys." I laughed.

"So.. Johnnycake huh?"

"Uh.. what about him?" I asked curiously.
"The gang says he likes you— uh.. you didn't know..?"

I stopped. Johnny.. Likes me?? Like i like him..?
"What?? N-no i d-didn't know.."

"Well, do you like him back?? You guys would be perfect for each other!" She grabbed my arm excitedly, making me flinch. I was still a little jumpy after... everything.
I nervously laughed. "Uh.. i-i do like him back but.. it hasn't really been a great time right now to let him know that."

"Oh well, you can always talk to me about it. Now, uh... you could try on some clothes you like while i try on my dresses! I'll buy ya somethin.' Call it.. a friendly gesture." She smiled. She was real nice. Not like the usual greaser girls i've met. "O-okay. Thanks."

She went off to put on about 12 dresses. I picked out a few nice dresses that i thought accentuated my body nicely or some that i could wear to a family dinner or something, i dunno, always helps to come extra prepared.

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°
Thanks for reading!
Stay gold 💛
~Haley~

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。Thanks for reading!Stay gold 💛~Haley~