♔︎ 𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

"...It's not like I'm asking to be your wife
I wanna make you mine, but that's hard to say
Is this coming off in a cheesy way? "

Chapter VIII
We finally made it to Ponyboys house. It was.. definitely different than what i am used to, but i was not going to judge because it was a LOT cozier and home-looking than any house where i lived, including mine. It was nice! Pony smiled as he opened his house door for me. "Pony! You're finally home i— oh.. Charity, was it? Hi.." his oldest brother Darry said coming out of the kitchen with a washrag and slightly wet hands. It wasn't long until the whole rest of his gang was greeting me, telling me jokes, and all about their lives, asking me if i wanted food and what not. It was.. a lot. But i loved the attention i got from them. They were sweet.
"Sorry for the gang and my brothers Charity. It's not all the time we have a pretty girl like you walk in our house." He smirked playfully.
"Hey! We have pretty girlfriends!" Dally, Steve, Soda and Two bit commented. "Yeah right! Dally's dating a girl who's cheated on him, lied to him and more, Steve you're dating a girl who wears WAY too much makeup, Soda, your girls actually kinda decent but two bit— oh man don't even get me started! You date a bunch'a blond girls who are greasier than you!" Pony said laughing hard at that last remark. All of them, besides soda looked at pony with deathly glares. "You'll see Ponyboy. In the future, don't expect you to be dating some elegant beautiful princess. This is the real world. People like that don't exist." Steve told him.
"Ya love who ya love. You date who ya date. Pony. Can't always be just 'bout the looks." Two said. Wow. As i thought about it more, these greasers were a lot more deep and emotional than i thought. Maybe that's what really divided us— socs and greasers. I mean, from what i know, socs keep in all of their emotions. Never let them out. But greasers, they show too much emotion all the time, whether its through fighting and arguing, or through just talking or their moods and expressions. I really admired that about them and the one person i knew who was the best at doing that, was Johnny Cade. He never really said or showed what he was feeling, but you could just tell with the expression on his face or the aura around him. He was special, in some kind of way.

"Well, i guess since you never properly met the gang, Charity, this is Sodapop, My brother, Darry, my oldest brother, Dally the dangerous one, Two bit the funny one, Steve the one that comes into my home everyday and eats our food and cake, Me the smart handsome one, and Johnny my best bud, whom you've already met." By now i was dying of laughter inside because of the way he introduced everyone, especially himself. "Nice to meet you smart handsome man." I said sarcastically.
"Yeah pony? Get any mouthier you won't be so handsome anymore when you have a black eye for introducing me that way" Steve retorted at Pony's comment about him. As time went on, i actually got to know the gang really well and became almost extremely close with them in the span of just one day. I definitely became even closer with Johnny. We joked around, laughed together, told funny stories both fake and real, and overall had a great time together. Until he said he was gonna leave. I was really enjoying our time together. I didn't want it to end now when it was still so early.. "I probably have to go too.. would you wanna walk me home Johnny? Or actually uh.. or we could just walk together until you get home and then i could walk home the rest of the way..?" I realized how stupid and needy that sounded. "Nah i ain't goin' home.. i was gonna stay at the lot for a bit. I could walk ya home but.. don't you live in the west side of town..?" I had realized now that he was probably more scared about who he might see over there. Or worse, who might see HIM. "Don't worry. If you're with me, they won't touch ya. I promise. And if they try to, i'll yell at them for ya, how's that?" I giggled as he did too. "You guy's leavin' already?" Two bit said laying out playing cards on the table. "Yeah! I have to get home or else my mom'll think i ran off to some other country or something" I laughed.

" yeah, and i'm just gonna walk with Charity for a bit and go check on my folks. See if i'm in any shape to at least go home to sleep in a bed. Sleepin' in the lot's been killing my back." As soon as Johnny said that i turned my head at him, looking shocked. He slept outside? Like he was.. homeless? This worried me something awful. But i didn't wanna say anything while we were in the house. "Alright. Anythin' happens, you let me know 'kay? Be safe!" Two said as we walked out the door, Johnny waving at him.

Boy, was this gonna be an interesting time. I hoped it would be just a fun walk but i kept debating on whether or not i should bring up why he sleeps outside in the Lot instead of his home. Maybe it was just none of my business. I didn't want to annoy him since i was just now finally getting on good terms with him. I hope he's okay..

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°
Thanks for reading!
Stay Gold bb's 💛
~ Haley ~

>> Song lyrics above: Melanie Martinez - Training Wheels <<

Word amount: 990