♔ 𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱.

[ I close my eyes and I can see
The world that's waiting up for me
That I call my own
Through the dark, through the door
Through where no one's been before
But it feels like home ]

[ I close my eyes and I can seeThe world that's waiting up for meThat I call my ownThrough the dark, through the doorThrough where no one's been beforeBut it feels like home ]

CHAPTER XXIXCharity's Pov:

CHAPTER XXIX
Charity's Pov:

"What. Did he do?"

I was fear stricken. I knew i could tell Johnny nearly everything. He already knew the worst part of it..
"I- i tried to avoid him.. he just.. he made me push him!" I heard him curse under his breath. "i said i would keep him away from you and i... are you okay?"

I stood there for a minute before shaking my head. I slowly walked towards him going in for a hug. As soon as his arms wrap around me, i was crying, but they were almost tears of anger. He just held me for who knows how long, running his hands softly through my hair. He was the only one i could trust.

~
A little later that night:

"I think i'm gonna tell me parents..."

Johnny looked at me. "Are... you ready to?"

"Yeah.. i think so. You were right. If i tell them, they can help and keep him away from me. And.. maybe they could somehow hopefully stop it from happening again.. i don't know." I looked down.

Yeah.. g-good. And i'll be there to support you no matter what happens or what anyone thinks of you okay?"

"Thank you Johnny.. even though you've BEEN supporting me for almost ever now so.. thanks" i smiled.

A moment of silence fell inside of the room before i broke it. "Could you.. maybe stay the night in here again..? I really don't wanna be alone.." i looked down.

"Of course.."

We both crawled in bed, facing each other. We didn't say anything, once again it was silent. But, it wasn't an awkward silence, just... quiet. Peaceful. I stared into his big, brown, puppy dog eyes before he said something. " um.. b-before you fall asleep.. could we talk?"

Nervousness struck me. "Sure.. about what?" I looked at him, still, both of us laying face towards each other.

"Well.. i know now probably isn't the best time to ask this or talk about it, but it doesn't seem like there ever IS going to be so uh.. well getting to know you these past couple of weeks has been.. a roller coaster, to say the least-" we both chuckled.

"But.. i really got to see YOU. The real you and not the popular, rich Charity. Ya dig? And i- i really like the sweet, confident, funny, adorable Charity that you've shown me so um.."

I raised my eyebrows in confusion of where he was going with all of this.
He sighed. "What i'm trying to ask is if.. you would maybe wanna uh.. b-be mine.. i guess?" ( joHnnY iS sO aWkwArd skJdkcsk 🤡 )

Play it cool, Charity.

"You guess?" I chuckled "hmm.. how do you know i feel the same way?" I joked, looking at him with a confident face. He slightly frowned, as he looked away from me, nervously.

Maybe you played it too cool, say yes idiot-

"Im kidding.. of course i feel the same way Johnnycake. I would be glad to be yours." I laughed. He looked back at me with his mouth open, a small smile appearing from the curve of his lip.

"I.. i wasn't actually expecting you to feel the same.. the gang said i should "take a shot" so uh.." he just kept rambling on, which i thought was adorable. "No.. i'm glad you asked. I've liked you ever since like.. 6th grade." I chuckled.

"Really?? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well, you hated my guts just a few weeks ago so.."

" i didn't.. HATE you.. just disagreed with some of the stuff you did and social status and everything.. i dunno.." we both laughed.

"You're quite a unique person Johnny." I yawned, sneakingly moving just a tad closer to Johnny and wrapping myself in blankets. He softly giggled before resting his arm on the curve of my waist like he had done before. Which, he thinks i didn't feel or notice, but i can fake sleep pretty well.

We smiled at each other. "Goodnight Johnny."

"Goodnight Charity."

And, we soundly slept for the rest of the night. No bad dreams, no panic attacks, no nothing. I felt safe when i was with Johnny. He was the only person who remotely felt the same kind of physical and mental pain i was going through.

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°
Thanks for reading!
Stay gold 💛
~Haley~

>> Song Lyrics above: The Greatest Showman - A Million Dreams <<

Word count: 839