♔︎ 𝐱𝐢𝐯.

"...Some boys try and some boys lie but
I don't let them play (no way)
Only boys who save their pennies
Make my rainy day "

Chapter XIV
Johnny's pov:

The walk with Charity was interesting. She was acting nicer than usual. Kept giggling at every small joke or sarcastic statement i made. It was cute though, but strange. "Here we are. We can probably just walk in. Darry always keeps the door open so-"
"Wait really? What if someone breaks in when no ones home or hurts them when they're sleeping?" She asked as she stopped walking. "Uhm.. i don't really know why.. i guess Darry thinks he'll always be there to protect them and the house..?" She laughed again. If i had a penny for how many times her laugh or smile made me weak in the heart, i'd be the richest person on earth right now. "Hey Two bit.. Ponyboy awake?" I asked watching two sat down on the ground with a plate full of cake and a beer in his hand to watch Mickey mouse. "Yeah. Think he's in the bathroom getting ready."
"Thanks"
Just as i was about to get to the bathroom door, Pony stepped out. "Oh hey Johnny. Charity? What're you both doin' here?" He said walking to the kitchen. "I thought it'd be nice if we all walked to school together! Just get to sorta hang out before we get to school." Charity said.
"Oh wow.. thats why you're up so early Johnny. You're usually up 10 minutes before we have to get to school" pony laughed at me. "What can i say. A handsome man like me needs all the beauty sleep he can get." I sarcastically said, making almost everyone in the room laugh or snicker. "Its true hush you're snickerin' mouth Two bit." I looked at him grinning. I wasn't usually this funny or sarcastic, heck, i barely ever talked as much as i have the past 2 weeks. Maybe it was because of Charity..

" well, we have 20 minutes ti'll we have to be at the school soo.. we should leave now." Pony reminded us.
Just as we left the house, the whole gang followed behind us. Steve, Dally, Soda, and Two bit. Darry was already at work by the time anyone woke up. "What're you guys doin?" I asked Dally.
"I'm gonna go get a smoke pack at the shop, Two bit's gonna get some drinks, soda and steve are meetin' their girls, and well that leaves you guys." He answered. "Two bit you just had two of our beers!" Pony yelled at him. "Eh hush." The gang just laughed and continued being their loud selves while walking and jogging all around.
~~
"Oh no... uhm.. j-johnny?" I heard Charity say quietly from right next to me. I looked at her curiously, wondering why she sounded shaky and scared. Until i looked to where she was staring at. It was Alexander and his group only this time his group was bigger than just 3 other guys. There was at least 7 different socs there. 2 of them i knew too well. Bob Sheldon and Randy Adderson. I swore under my breath, telling Dally what me and Charity had seen. "Jesus.. not those madra wearing monkeys again." Two bit commented. I would have laughed if i wasn't overflown with nervousness right now. "Hey don't worry Johnny. Just keep walkin.' They can't pick a fight with us if we ain't hurting them. Unless they wanna get in some real trouble." Charity reassured. As we all walked past them, trying not to make eye contact and minding our business, me and Charity looked up at the sound of Alexander's intimidating voice. "Well. If it isn't the pack of greasers roaming around like they belong here. And of course, the one and only princess. What are you doing with these chumps huh?" Alex asked Charity. The gang looked at her as if they were wondering the same thing, including me. "Because unlike you, they know how to have fun the real way. Plus, they ain't so bad lookin' huh?" She smiled at me. She was fearless whenever she was around the other socs, even though she would tell me she's terrified of them. Bob snarked back "listen little girl. We aren't scared of you're little confidence act here. It's quite funny, actually."
"Who says i'm acting. Im more ME than ever." She giggled. Me and the gang were looking at her as she eyed every single soc without a single glimmer of fright in her eyes. It took a lot of guts for her to stand up for all 6 of us like she did and it wasn't even the first time with Alexander. Bob got closer to Charity, pointing a finger at her violently while two other socs stood behind him looking tough. Steve and Dally walked up to Charity in defense of her. They could look real tuff when they wanted to, sometimes so much it would spook me or other gang members. " you have ti'll the count of three to back away into your little 'club' away from us and away from Charity. Now." Steve said in a demanding and mean sounding voice. Dally just stood there giving the socs an extremely scary glare. "This little suck-up and you grease bags aint worth our time anyway. C'mon lets get going."
I can handle the mean names, but calling a pretty nice girl like Charity is a little too rough. "Yeah i suggest you do that." Dally said as they finally walked off. Charity sighed deeply as i closed my eyes putting my head towards the ground. Thank god they didn't say anything to me. "Gosh Charity. You sure know how to fight right past the insults huh?" Two bit said laughing. "You kiddin'? I'm 1000% just pretending to be confident with them."
"Still. Those were some mean combacks." Pony patted her back grinning as she chuckled back at him. "You okay Johnnycake?" Dal said wrapping his arm around my neck. "Yeah.. Bob and Randy were there.." Dally's face lit up with shock as he remembered they were the ones that hurt me bad. "Dammit- i shoulda skinned them.. next time they show their faces they'll be spending a looong time in the hospital." He looked angry now. "Alrighty its been a fun walk with ya losers but i need a cancer stick.. 'specially after all this. See ya" Dally said waving as he walked in the smoke shop. "Me too. Bar's across the street. I'll catch ya'll later." Two said walking backwards to the road. "'Kay. Bye!" Charity said. I think she liked Two bit the most out of everyone else since he acted all funny and nice towards her. He didn't treat her like she was anything else but a 16 year old girl and i think she appreciates that. Plus, she loves his jokes. I don't blame her, i learn most my jokes she keeps laughing at from him. "Let's get to school, shall we?" She said. "Sounds like a plan."

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°
Thanks for reading another super long chapter!
Stay gold bb's 💛
~Haley~

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。Thanks for reading another super long chapter!Stay gold bb's 💛~Haley~

>> Song lyrics above; Madonna - Material Girl <<

Word count: 1206 !