Chapter 2: Settlement

Pic cred cornxa

Sorry for the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk decides that it's okay to go to the same coffee shop because he was not in the mood of finding another one, he was literally standing a few steps away from it.

And about the omega, he'll just ignore him. He wasn't rude to him at all, he said sorry even though he was the one who stepped infornt of the car out of nowhere and he was also a little rude to him. He was lucky that Jeongguk was on no mood to talk or else he would've told him that he could atleast a little nice if not much.

Entering the shop, he hears a soft noise of the bell ring and his eyes fall right in the same omega who was tying a ribbon and walking towards the counter, thankful that there were only two people infront of him.

Oh, so he works here.

Jeongguk forgets everything that happened out there, not that it was something worth remembering and he walks towards the counter, the omega looks at him and a mild surprise flashes but he recovers immediately.

Taehyung has never seen the alpha before, it's the first time he's visiting the coffee shop. He doesn't care so he just proceeds to do his job, takes the order of the two people standing first.

"Hello, sir. What would you like?" It was finally Jeongguk's turn as the omega smiles just a little.

"Hello, I'd like uh---". Jeongguk looks at the menu even though he's here for an espresso. "Espresso." He says, as usual.

"We have different espresso---".

"Double shot of espresso." Jeongguk says and Taehyung nods, thinking one shot of espresso at this hour is enough.

"Wait." Jeongguk says before Taehyung turns around. The omega frowns at him.

"Yes?"

"About what happened out there, I just wanted to know if you're hurt or not." Jeongguk says.

"Like I said, I'm okay and not hurt." Taehyung says, keeping his tone professional.

"Still, if---".

"Would you be staying here for the espresso or take it with you?" Taehyung asks, tone polite but eyes firm.

Jeongguk almost loses his control on his expression, stops himself from gritting his teeth, he gives the omega a cynical smile.

"I have to leave, yeah." Jeongguk says even though he was here to stay and enjoy in the small shop but his mood is completely ruined now.

"Your order will be ready shortly." Taehyung says and moves to the coffee machines.

Jeongguk pays for the drink to the guy who replaces Taehyung for a moment as he prepares the orders.

Taehyung sighs in annoyance as he forgot to write the name on the order for the alpha and now he'll have to walk to him but he'll just have someone get him his order.

Taehyung doesn't understand why this alpha was not dropping this matter when he clearly said he's okay, made his point that he no longer wants to discuss it or remember it.

Now he doesn't care whatever that alpha thinks.

Taehyung gives the prepared cup to a worker and points at the alpha who was sitting by the window table and tells him to give that to him.

Jeongguk thanks the worker and walks to towards the door, stopping to look back just once and Taehyung makes a mistake to look at the alpha right at that moment, their eyes meet and Taehyung immediately looks away---