Chapter 39: Disarm

Pic cred to rightful owner

Ignore the mistakes plz :) short and boring

Third Person POV

Jeongguk wasn't expecting Taehyung to text him on the same day and he was a bit surprised that he did. And he was glad as well, relieved that the omega finally wanted to talk to him.

That's how things are done. By talking and thinking that people are just gonna get hurt if he won't speak is absurd and Jeongguk knows everything will be alright now. 

The alpha was driving towards Taehyung's place, his heart beating in anticipation. It's a few minutes to eleven and he was so immersed in work that he didn't realise the time.

He wanted Taehyung to atleast not shut him away completely. He didn't want to but tried to link him, the omega had built a wall around himself and Jeongguk didn't try again.

There was an uneasy feeling inside of him. He wasn't used to not feeling Taehyung's emotions. He always did but for the whole day, he can't seem to. His thoughts are a mess and so are Taehyung's emotions.

Jeongguk takes the turn and sees the restuarant he and Taehyung once are in. He decides to stop and grab something to eat for them because he knows Taehyung mustn't have eaten anything.

He gets two japchae packed and paus for them, walks out of the restaurant. He was deciding to buy ice cream but then decides against it because he is going to hear some explanation, not a cozy hangout.

Jeongguk's walking towards his car when he gets Taehyung's call. The omega doesn't say anything for a moment.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk utters.

"Tae?" He repeats.

"Gukkie." His voice was small and a bit panicked but sweet nonetheless. "Are you on your way here?"

"Yes, I'm on my way---". But the next moment, all he sees is fire erupting from his car, a loud sound of blast makes his ears go deaf and the impact makes him stumble back, the right side of his suits arm catches fire.

His phone falls from his hand, the burn in his wrist hurts like hell and he immediately takes off his suit coat, all of this happening in a haste. His head is spinning but his hands just move on their own to throw away the coat.

His wrist burns and so does his palm, he's stumbling, the only voice he hears is irritating constant noise due to the explosion. He falls on his knees, breathing heavily.

A few people had gathered around him, probably from the restaurant across the street and some passers. He doesn't know.

"Hey, are you okay, man?! Can you hear me? You need to go to the hospital!" Someone is yelling next to him but the words fall dead to his ears.

He struggles to get up, his car is burning behind him, looks for his phone and hastily grabs it from the ground. He pays no mind to people who are calling him, he just runs.

All in his mind is to get to Taehyung. His vision gets a bit blurry and he blinks away the tears that he doesn't know why are forming. He was close to Taehyung's place and even if he wasn't, he would reach to him even if he has to run.

Even if he wanted, he could've taken the cab but he knows he won't be able to tell them the address or hell, even speak. He just runs towards Taehyung's place and with every step, fear envelopes him more.

The alpha is out of breath as he stops a little in front of Taehyung's building. He rushes inside, taking the stairs and reaches the floor where Taehyung lives. His heart almost stops when he opens the door, it wasn't locked. It should've been locked.