Chapter 41: Prism

Pic cred flirtaeguk

Ignore the mistakes plz :) boring

Third Person POV

Taehyung carefully wraps the blanket around Jeongguk as the two sit in the ambulance that had rushed at the abandoned place. The alpha's shirt was ripped and the wounds were a lot. He didn't want to go to hospital but Taehyung forced him because it was necessary.

Taehyung never even once looked at Yongsu's body, he had no intention to and why should he? That man only brought him pain and hurt, not just him but also to Jeongguk, Seokjin and Namjoon.

Yongsu probably didn't know about Jimin being his friend or he would've hurt him as well. Taehyung was glad that atleast his friend didn't get affected by this. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if anything happened to him too.

Heck, he can't forgive himself right now, too angry at himself as he watches the wounds and bruises on his mate's body, blood on his face and it makes his heart ache badly.

When he finally wanted to tell Jeongguk so he could do something about Yongsu, he found out by other way and it was too late. Yongsu had already plunged his claws deep in their lives to ruin it.

And he did. He made Taehyung lose Jeongguk's trust, he hurt Seokjin and he can't have the happiness of kids now and just simply ruined everything---and Taehyung was such a coward to not speak a word when he had told everything to Jeongguk before.

Why not this?! Why not?!

Taehyung wipes away his tears that threaten to fall when Jeongguk looks at the officer approaching them. He puts on a small smile for him.

"Even though he's dead, the investigation will have to be taken. You won't have any trouble because you didn't push him off or anything. It was self defense but the hearing will be held." The officer said.

"Do I need to get my lawyer?" Jeongguk asks.

"No, that won't be necessary because there are many proofs against him." Officer Jiwon says.

"You won't be accused of pushing him off the building because there are witnesses that you didn't. Also, Mr. Kim will have to give an acceptance as well that he was being blackmailed." The officer says.

"Yeah, okay. Just let me know when." Taehyung says.

"We'll let you both know the day. Take care, you two." The officer smiles and so do Taehyung and Jeongguk. He leaves the two alone.

Jeongguk looks at Taehyung, now finally having time to look at him properly after days of staying away from him.

Taehyung keeps tugging the small blanket over Jeongguk's body. The air is chilly, the night started and Jeongguk was shaking a little even though he tried to hide it.

"Hey." Jeongguk says gently, holding Taehyung's hand to stop him from setting the blanket again and again. Jeongguk knows he's just finding the excuse to not look into his eyes, for whatever reason there is.

"Look at me." Jeongguk whispers and Taehyung shakes his head.

"I can't see you hurt, Gukkie. Don't make me look at you." Taehyung says and hears Jeongguk chuckle.

"So you indirectly mean to say I look ugly and you don't want to look at me anymore." Jeongguk says.

"This is not funny, Gukkie." Taehyung utters and he glares at Jeongguk, making the other smile because he finally looked at him.

"Please tell them to not take me to hospital." Jeongguk whines. "Seokjin hyung knows how to take care of wounds and even you can too---".

"No, stop this. You're going to the hospital for proper checkup. Don't argue with me on this." Taehyung says, pushing Jeongguk's hair away from his eyes, wipes as much blood as he can with his sleeves from his face.