Chapter 14: Lantern

Pic cred to rightful owner.

Sorry for the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung frowns because he really didn't like the way this one said those words, as if it's he most shameful thing to be a secretary.

"Yes?" Taehyung says nonchalantly and the woman walks forward.

"Mom, you need to leave." Jeongguk's voice was authoritative but not disrespectful because Oh well, she was his mom.

"This is my office and I will not let you create any disturbance here." Jeongguk says but his mom keeps looking at Taehyung.

"A male omega, huh?" She says and Taehyung raises his eyebrow and before Jeongguk could speak, Taehyung does.

"Is that a problem, being a male omega?" Taehyung asks.

"Aren't you too confident of yourself? Why wouldn't you be, you'll charm my son and trap him just like your kind always does." She spats.

Taehyung does feel her words as a stab but he doesn't let them affect him.

"Listen, you're my boss's mother and I respect you but please don't show your true self here in front of everyone." Taehyung says.

"And don't worry, I'm here to work and won't lure your son in my trap. I'm not like that." Taehyung says and she smirks.

"They all say that but in reality, they are desperate to get close to the alphas using your beauty and then hurt them. I know your filthy kind very well. You're nothing but a pathetic---".

"Mrs. Jeon, leave my building right at this moment." Jeongguk cuts his words as he stands infront of her, Taehyung now behind him.

"And if you say one word, one fucking word against Taehyung, I won't be at fault for what will happen next." Jeongguk gritts his teeth, keeps his voice low so the employees won't hear.

"Oh, so he already had you under his spell. These omegas are all the same. First his father---". She looks at Seokjin. "Then he lured Namjoon and now this one is luring you in and you're just being a pathetic puppy like your father and just following him." She says to Jeongguk.

"Mrs. Jeon, last time I'm saying this, leave." Jeongguk says even though Taehyung couldn't look at Jeongguk's face, he could sense the anger in his voice.

"Yeah? You are talking to your mother like this for him? I'll be waiting for the day when he'll break your heart because that's what omegas like him do." She spats and gives a hated glare to Taehyung as she she walks past them.

Seokjin closes his eyes and pats Taehyung's shoulder, leaves then because he looked really sad.

Taehyung had so much to say to this rude lady but Jeongguk spoke too soon. And besides all that, Taehyung had no idea what he's feeling at how Jeongguk stood up for him.

Jeongguk runs a hand in his hair as he turns around, looks at Taehyung and sighs. "I'm sorry about that." He says.

"No, it's---okay." Taehyung utters. "I should go inside now." The omega walks inside Jeongguk's office and towards his own, feeling a bit hurt by what Jeongguk's mom said because no matter how he is, he won't ever gain Jeongguk's attention just for him benefit and then leave him.

This is what he's scared of, he didn't even do anything yet that woman assumed everything on her own and said bad things to him, said he'll hurt Jeongguk when he doesn't even want to be close to him.

As he said, everyone gets hurt because of him and that's the reason he can't let someone so kind and good like Jeongguk get hurt because of him. If he got to hear so many bad things when he is not even with Jeongguk, he can't imagine what people would say when/if they get together