Chapter 33: Virtue

Pic cred to rightful owner

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk looks at Taehyung with wide eyes, shocked and stunned. His eyes rake over Taehyung's face, to look for any sign that the omega will burst out laughing and say he was joking but he finds none.

All he sees Taehyung's eyes looking at him with an honest expression, lowering them slightly to show the shyness and then hesitancy as Jeongguk keeps looking and says nothing.

What is the alpha suppose to do?! He can't even believe Taehyung just said that. He wasn't expecting it at all. He was sure that even if the confessions ever happened between them, he himself would be the one to take the first time.

He never expected Taehyung to say it.

He said 'most probably'. He didn't actually said those words so get your shit together! Jeongguk scolds himself.

But he can't calm his heart that threatens to beat out of his chest, he feels utterly surreal, as if he's in a world of fantasy where everything is perfect.

He doesn't know whether to laugh or cry in happiness.

"Jeongguk?" Taehyung utters, his voice weak.

"Tae---I--". Jeongguk stutters, if course his words betray him.

"I---was not---expecting you to---". Jeongguk says and Taehyung's eyes widen.

Wrong, wrong words!! Jeongguk bites his tongue.

"Oh God, I made you uncomfortable!" Taehyung shrieks, getting up from Jeongguk's lap before the alpha could stop him.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I made it awkward!" Taehyung rambles and Jeongguk shakes his head, panicking.

"No, no! It's not like that. You just---took me off guard!" Jeongguk gets up.

"No, it's---I'm really sorry, Jeongguk. You weren't expecting it and I made it worse. You might not feel---". Before Taehyung could complete, there was a knock on a door.

The two look at the door and Jeongguk gritts his teeth. Whoever it is, very wrong time. Taehyung looks at Jeongguk, gives him a little smile and walks towards the door.

Sehun is standing there. He smiles as Taehyung leaves the office and the omega returns it. Jeongguk stands there dumbfounded as he watches Taehyung leave the office. He lets out a deep breath, runs a hand in his hair.

"Are you okay?" Sehun asks and Jeongguk nods a little, sits back on his chair.

"Yeah." Jeongguk says, gestured Sehun to sit.

"Trouble in paradise?" Sehun muses and Jeongguk shakes his head.

"No, nothing like that." Jeongguk says and Sehun hums.

"Anyways, here are the papers you asked for all the deals with Kyung's company. These are the proof and even if he tries to deny, he can't deny these." Sehun gives Jeongguk a file.

"You cancelled only two transactions, why not all of them? You're actually giving him time to plan his next move. Take away everything at once so he won't have time to do anything at once." Sehun says.

"Yeah, that's what I'll do next." Jeongguk says, not looking at the file.

"Why not today?" Sehun says and Jeongguk sighs.