Chapter 12: Carillon

Pic cred to rightful owner

Sorry for the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk was sure he'll go out of his mind.

There were a lot of reasons. First, work but that didn't bother him much because he's used to it rather it was a few other things that he couldn't get out of his mind.

Now the first would definitely be Taehyung and Sehun talking and the omega giggling as if Sehun is a real charmer and said something funny to make the other laugh.

Sehun is handsome, no doubt but it doesn't matter because this office, not their dining where they could be all giggly with eachother.

Taehyung was gone for the lunch break and Jeongguk was leaving for Namjoon's office when he saw the two, Taehyung had a box in his hand and Sehun had some soda and they were talking, laughing softly and Jeongguk had to look away.

"You okay?" Seokjin asks, the omega already in Namjoon's office.

It's been almost a week since he's seeing Taehyung and Sehun so close. Of course Taehyung was all okay with him but not like he was with Sehun and it didn't set well with Jeongguk.

It was making him infuriated be and he really didn't want to lose his temper.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Jeongguk says and also, his dear mother has called too, inviting him for dinner to meet some friends of her and Jeongguk thinks his mother doesn't know the meaning of a simple 'no'.

The alpha knows what she's trying to do but he won't give in to her tactics at all.

"You don't look okay." Seokjin says and the alpha sighs.

"It's just---work." Jeongguk says.

"It has never bothered you before though." Namjoon says.

"Is something wrong regarding your mother?" Seokjin asks and Jeongguk nods a little.

"She called for dinner tonight and I'm not going." Jeongguk says and Seokjin pats his back.

"Good." The omega chuckles.

"That was motivating." Jeongguk utters, a chuckle escapes his lips.

"But tell me though, you've been a little upset the whole week." Seokjin asks and Jeongguk shakes his head.

"It's nothing." Jeongguk says Namjoon gestures Seokjin to let him be because he doesn't want to talk right now.

"Okay but if anything's bothering you, you can tell us." Seokjin says softly and Jeongguk just sighs.

"I'll go now, need to call Joshua for the dinner." Jeongguk says the two let him leave.

Jeongguk doesn't look at anyone as he makes his way to his office but finds Taehyung already in his own office, looks at him as if waiting for him.

"Jeongguk-ssi, the key points have been emailed to me and I went through them and there seem to be no problem there." Taehyung says as he makes his way towards his chair, the omega follows.

"See here, it says---".

"Leave it on desk, I'll go through it." Jeongguk interrupts and the omega frowns.

"But I have to email them back---".

"I said, leave it on the desk." Jeongguk says firmly but his voice low.

"Okay." Taehyung utters but keeps holding the file.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asks.

"Can't you just listen?! Leave the file here and go do your work." Jeongguk snaps, looks at Taehyung who was a little taken aback by the sudden outburst.