Chapter 9: Wine

Pic cred to rightful owner

Sorry for the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung sits there stiff, his thoughts hazy and body as if on fire. He keeps his eyes low, looks at the setting of the table but just not at Jeongguk who now sits infront of him. The omega's hands are clasped on his lap and he bites his lower lip, unable to hide the surge of sudden emotions.

"Uh, I could've just waited. You don't have to stay." Taehyung says, finally looks up and Jeongguk who's already looking at him and Taehyung curses because why does he has to be looking so good even after he knows how tired Jeongguk is.

People are not supposed to look handsome when they are  tired.  That's Kim Taehyung's logic.

"I came here to have a dinner since I'm hungry, it's a good thing that I got you to join, won't be boring." Jeongguk says and Taehyung sighs.

"You ordered me to join you. I am not your secretary right now." Taehyung says, now looking in Jeongguk's eyes, finds the amusement bubble in the alpha's eyes.

"Oh, did I? But you listened anyway, secretary or not." Jeongguk says, confident as always and Taehyung raises his eyebrow.

Two can play a game.

"So, it wouldn't be a hurt on your ego if I yell at you for forcing me to join you and then got up and leave?" Taehyung asks, his nervousness gone.

"You have all the rights to leave, Taehyung. I'm not stopping you." Jeongguk says and Taehyung raises his eyebrow.

"That won't affect my job?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk chuckles.

"Do you think I'm going to deprive of this job of you'll leave right now?" Jeongguk utters and the omage shrugs.

"Have a little faith in me, Taehyung. I won't do that. I need you." Jeongguk says and Taehyung feels his heart about to burst out of his chest.

Jeongguk must've meant it the other way, that he needs him for work but Taehyung, for just a moment---thinks about the other meaning and his mind goes haywire.

He quickly gets rid of those thoughts.

"Let's just say, if you ask me nicely---and not be a boss and order me, I might keep you and your boring self some company." Taehyung says, a soft smile plays on his lips and eyes hold amusement.

"Ah, my bad. I'm sorry if I bossed you around." Jeongguk says and Taehyung chuckles softly.

"Apology accepted." Taehyung says, chuckles softly.

He is not this type of person, not the one to be friendly with anyone so easily but here he is, with his boss and with no care of how he's affecting himself with Jeongguk's company.

"And I'm boring?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung nods.

"I can easily say the same about you." Jeongguk says and Taehyung shakes his head, smiling.

"Maybe I don't know you and you don't know me outside of just work, that's why we find eachother boring." Taehyung says.

"Then why can't we get to know eachother? It will be easy for our relationship too, no tense conversations or stuff." Jeongguk says and Taehyung wasn't expecting him to.

In between this, they order the dinner and Jeongguk goes for the same as Taehyung, japchae.

"I didn't mean it that way. There's nothing I need to know about you." Taehyung says, clearly opposing the idea of getting to know eachother because there's no way it'll end good. He knows himself, he'll end up telling Jeongguk everything and he doesn't need his pity after that.