Chapter 8: Raindrops

Pic cred to rightful owner

Sorry for the mistakes :)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk couldn't get that sight out of his mind, of Taehyung suddenly tearing up, panicked and breathing heavily. The file fell from his hands and he took a stumbled step back. Jeongguk was quick to step towards him, Seokjin too as he called his name but got no response.

It was clearly a panic attack. Seokjin had held him from back, Jeongguk was hesitant but he did, he touched his face, guiding him through his voice and hoping it would work and it did when Taehyung opened his eyes, breathing normal.

Jeongguk couldn't pinpoint but it was akin to panic that he himself felt when he saw Taehyung like that and had rushed towards him---days of trying not to touch him vanish and he holds him, his skin soft and tear warm on cheek.

He knows what Taehyung would've thought when he didn't look in his eyes, he felt embarrassed but Jeongguk wanted to tell him that he doesn't have to be because it's not in our control that our weaknesses strike us unexpected.

Jeongguk is no exception, he admits that he had cried to, infornt of his mother when she had talked shit about his father once, roughly two years back and she was crying as well but Jeongguk was angry too and he was crying.

He admits that he had cried on Seokjin's shoulder when they were talking about their father, it was just a few tears but he did cry.

And of course he would never want anyone else to know because he knows he'll feel embarrassed and he wants Taehyung to know he and Seokjin won't tell anyone and will never think it him as a weak person because he's strong---and it shows because he's the male omega who went against the authorities---

He's strong but Taehyung doesn't know that himself and Jeongguk wants him to know. To not be ashamed if he ever broke down because we need to cry sometimes, it's natural and bound to happen.

He hopes Taehyung is okay.

The omega left right on time and Jeongguk had to stay to get his work done because he didn't want to take it home because he tends to become very lazy at night.

Though there are some nights that he stays in his office to work.

His eyes fall on the glass of water that Taehyung had drank water from, it's kept there and Jeongguk doesn't pick it up or empty it when he leaves.

-------------------------

Taehyung was glad that he had Saturday and Sunday to make himself confident to pretend nothing happened on Friday. If he will act normal, e everything will be fine.

He did got a bit nervous when he saw Jeongguk and greeted him but he got hold of himself and busied himself in work. He didn't go for lunch break and he noticed Jeongguk didn't either.

The alpha was very busy, a frown on his face as he went through some files, working on his macbook.

Taehyung felt bad because Jeongguk had been so nice to him when he had the panic attack and he just ignored him after it. Now seeing Jeongguk stressed because of another upcoming meeting, Taehyung couldn't help but be guilty.

"Jeongguk-ssi?" Taehyung utters and for a moment, Jeongguk thinks he's hearing things but he looks up, finds Taehyung standing by the door.

"Yes?" Jeongguk says softly.

"You should eat something. You've been working for hours." Taehyung says and as a secretary, it's his job.

"You haven't eaten anything either." Jeongguk says and Taehyung hopes Jeongguk would just keep this about himself.