Chapter 36: Translation

Pic cred yurieem

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

No matter how much Taehyung wanted to go to Jeongguk after Yongsu, he couldn't. He knew that if he did, he would break down the moment he'll see him and he doesn't want ti worry Jeongguk at all.

He'll take all the blame though. Whatever will be thrown at him because it's better than having Jeongguk hurt in any way. If Taehyung tells Jeongguk about it then the alpha will surely do anything to get Yongsu but he knows this will only bring trouble and as Yongsu said, he'll do anything to hurt Jeongguk, wouldn't care if he ends up in jail. Atleast he'd take Jeongguk away.

That's what terrifies him the most. Taehyung is well aware that this hiding won't bring anything good to him. He might end up hurting Jeongguk himself and that's when he realizes that he's doomed either way.

But atleast Yongsu will be out of the way. Jeongguk doesn't deserve this. He doesn't deserve getting hurt because of Taehyung. This is Taehyung's fight and he'll fight it alone. Doesn't care how much he gets hurt.

Stupid, he knows but he can't risk Jeongguk's life just because his ex is a psychopath. Jeongguk doesn't deserve this.

And maybe he doesn't deserve him.

They had talked at night and Taehyung thankfully didn't falter in talking and Jeongguk couldn't pick the strain in his voice.

Taehyung hates himself right now, walking towards the office and with every step, the guilt increases as he grips the file harder in his hand. The meeting won't be held but the decision of going to US is still there.

And Taehyung has to days to figure out what he has to do. He has figured it out and for the first time, Taehyung will be stealing. The money on office card doesn't belong to him but he has no other choice.

Jeongguk's smiling face greets him and he smiles back but it doesn't reach his ears. He walks towards the alpha who stands up, immediately circling his arms around his waist as their bodies touch and lips meet in a sweet but passionate kiss. Taehyung rests his hands on Jeongguk's chest and feels himself meeting in his mate's embrace.

"Good morning." Taehyung mumbles with a smile against his lips.

"Morning, baby. I missed you last night. My bed doesn't look good without you on it." Jeongguk says and Taehyung chuckles softly.

"Well, I guess I'll be blessing your bed tonight by sleeping on it." Taehyung says.

"That's a wonderful idea." Jeongguk hums, looks at him in amusement and kisses his omega again.

The two get busy in their work, occasionally looking through the window and smiling. But Taehyung could sense how tense Jeongguk was. He was working a lot and with the thought of Yongsu still on the run made Jeongguk more stressed.

But he doesn't know what it's better if he stays hidden and in no contact with Jeongguk whatsoever.

The alpha had his coffee just now, they talked over lunch and went back to work. Taehyung kept looking at Jeongguk though, seeing how he was tensed.

The omega gets up and walks towards him, hands resting on his shoulders as he stands behind the chair, his hands now slowly working on his shoulders.

"You're so tensed, Gukkie. Relax." Taehyung leans down and whispers in Jeongguk's ear.

"No, baby. I'm okay. Don't worry." Jeongguk says but Taehyung wasn't convinced ofcourse. The omega walks forward and stands infront of him, his hands on the hand rest of Jeongguk's chair and he leans forward, a teasing smile on his lips.