Chapter 18: Metaphor

Pic cred bnn_mlk

Sorry for the mistakes. Ignore plz

Third Person POV

As much as Taehyung didn't want to step away from Jeongguk and break the warm hug, he didn't want the other to start feeling uncomfortable so he pulls away, smiling softly at the alpha who's eyes hold worry yet softness too.

Taehyung sighs in content when Jeongguk cups his face gently, thumb stroking his cheekbone and Taehyung wonders why he's so hesitant and scared because he could definitely get used to this.

But the truth is, he knows very well why he can't let Jeongguk in his life, even if he wants to because he knows he'll hurt him. He just knows that.

And he also doesn't do relationships. He's done with that shit. Commitment scares him now that he knows not everyone stays in out lives forever---

He is a guy who wants one person in his life and spend the rest of his life with them but that's not possible because at some point, either one will get bored, there would be fights and the love will just fade away.

And Taehyung is scared of that, having experienced the heartbreak has made him realize that one perosn will get bored of you eventually and there's nothing you can do about it. Absolutely nothing.

But Taehyung lets his moment be an exception because he doesn't have a nerve to see those shining eyes have hurt flash through them everytime he steps away from the alpha.

He's always seen the change in Jeongguk's eyes when Taehyung would push him away and it almost makes him want to run back to him but he always stops himself.

He's not ready to go through all the pain and hurt and definitely doesn't want to hurt Jeongguk and even right now, being close to him even though he told him he doesn't want to, makes him feel like he's leading Jeongguk on and it won't be good for the alpha.

"I didn't panic." Taehyung says, chuckles softly to lift up the mood and the alpha smiles too.

"I'm glad you called me." Jeongguk whispers.

"I---I couldn't think of anybody else." Taehyung says but then looks away. He said the truth and that's all.

But to Jeongguk, those words meant so much.

"Okay, let's just sit." Jeongguk says and the omaga nods. He looks outside the window for a fraction of second and the car is no longer there.

"Wait, the car isn't there anymore." Taehyung says and Jeongguk turns around, finds it gone.

He had a proper look on the car, got the number because he parked his car a little far and walked to the coffee shop. Whoever this person was isn't really good at following someone and Jeongguk will make sure he finds whoever this perosn is.

He has two people in his mind that could be behind all this. Kyung and his mother. And man, it makes him so fucking angry just by thinking about it.

"I'll drop you off." Jeongguk says and Taehyung protest this time.

"Okay." Taehyung whispers and the two walk out of the shop, don't talk about what just happened and who could the person be. Jeongguk thinks its better if Taehyung keeps his mind off of all this because he was scared.

"I hope you don't mind me---interfering but it's a good sign that you didn't get the panic attack." Jeongguk says as the omaga sits in the backseat.

"Well, not every situation triggers a panic attack." Taehyung says. "I'm not that fucked up." The omega chuckles awkwardly.

"No, no I didn't mean that and you're not fucked up Taehyung---maybe a little because I am too, everyone is a mess somehow. Some just get to deal with it and move on and some are stuck for a while." Jeongguk says and the omega gulps.