Chapter 19: Brisk

Pic cred bnn_mlk

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

The moment Taehyung looks at the guy who Joshua introduced, just to make sure that the name he heard was really if that person that came to his mind and it was---it definitely was---he wanted to run away.

He did felt like some had cut got their hands on his throat so he won't be able to breathe. The ground shook beneath his feet and he froze, his wide and heart almost stops but the next moment, he wanted to run away. Not wanted to care about the deal or anyone at that place and just disappear.

Nam Yongsu. And now, rage and anger starts to fill in Taehyung when the said guy looks at him and does nothing but smirk while he shakes hands with Jeongguk and then holds out for him to shake but Taehyung immediately moves because Jeongguk wanted to sit.

Taehyung couldn't stay here. He felt suffocated and he hated how in just a few seconds, he felt a whirlwind of emotions and now he wanted to scream and cry.

Because he thought his life would be better in Seoul, after he'll get the job and he'll finally leave the episode of Daegu behind him but it wasn't true and Taehyung himself couldn't get over it, it wasn't possible, not on just a year atleast.

His past has haunted him forms of rare nightmares and episodes of panic attacks---how bad it would make him feel to treat so many good people with his attitude just because he couldn't afford to let even a little detail slip away from him onto the next person.

It's true they say, that the unsolved past catches up somehow---and will keep bugging you unless you get over it and accept that it has happened---unless you solve it.

The conversation going on around him falls deaf to Taehyung's ears as he tries his best to keep his mind thoughtless because there is no way he can afford to show his vulnerability here, not infront of him. Never.

He knows Yongsu would be looking at him time to time but he doesn't look at him even once, keeps his eyes on Jeongguk when he talks, points a disadvantage or flaw in whatever deal is presented or he either looks down.

He can't stay here so he leans forward to Jeongguk's side and whispers to him to excuse him and the alpha looks at him with a little concern because he has noticed how tense he was in all the little time he was sitting here. The alpha nods.

Taehyung smiles gratefully at him, he wasn't really needed here because it's nothing official and he doesn't know why Jeongguk brought him here but it doesn't matter, he's out of that suffocating place and there's no way he's going back there.

All he wants is to just go away from this place as soon as possible before he breaks down and he doesn't want that, not because of that person atleast.

If he explains it in right words that it would be numb. Like there's a hurricane starting inside of him and it's only one trigger of a memory that he'll burst into tears and screams.

His body and mind are ignoring everything he saw and he wishes that it keeps ignoring.

Finding the cab wasn't difficult at all and just as he's on the main road, his phone rings with Jeongguk's call.

The omega's eyes widen, in his emotional haste, he completely forgot about telling Jeongguk and honestly, he didn't want to. He didn't want to worry the alpha.

Taehyung takes a deep breath and answers the call.

"I'm sorry i didn't tell you but I had to leave." Taehyung says the moment he attends the call and Jeongguk's words fade on his lips.

"Something came up back at apartment." Taehyung says.

"I wanted to tell you---".

"Text me when you reach your place---". Jeongguk's voice was low and had a tint of coldness.