Chapter 23: Way

Pic cred to rightful owner

Sorry for the mistakes plz :) short one. sowwyy.

Third Person POV

Taehyung had a small smile on his lips as he sat at the backseat, the car ride filled with an comfortable silence. It would be either Taehyung or Jeongguk to look at the front mirror to see one another, one time they looked at the same time and looked away, feeling flustered.

Jeongguk has never felt like this before. This fluttering feeling and becoming flustered just by looking at Taehyung makes him feel childish---as in want to jump and yell in happiness like children so when they are happy and have no worry about what the future holds.

That's how Taehyung makes him feel. He wants the omega to be close to him all the damn time, wants to see him smile, be the reason of his smile and his happiness. To make him feel comfortable and be the one he can always trust.

He's trying but maybe not enough. But he will and he hopes that he'll succeed because Taehyung might not believe all this but Jeongguk knows that Taehyung is the one---he just knows, his heart and mind are both one in this---

That Taehyung has come in Jeongguk's life to stay and he'll do anything to make him stay. He knows the omega must've gone through alot and it's reasonable that he doesn't trust anyone in this matter and doesn't share. Jeongguk wouldn't either. He'll hide everything too.

So he will give Taehyung all the time he needs and while doing so, he'll not step away, he'll keep treating Taehyung like he deserves to be---even if the other pushes him away, Jeongguk will wait.

He'll show Taehyung that he can trust him and he'll never break it. He'll make him believe and show him that he's not going anywhere and that he'll be here whenever Taehyung will need him.

Jeongguk is also a bit satisfied because Taehyung is also attracted to him, it shows and the way he reacts to his touch, the way he blushes---it shows. And if it wasn't true then the omega would never have said yes to what Jeongguk proposed that day.

It was a foolish deal just to keep Taehyung to himself. He didn't want to use the omega just for sex. No. Through this deal, atleast Taehyung will be close to him, he'll have a chance to prove himself to Taehyung that he can trust him and that he'll never break his heart.

Jeongguk looks at the front mirror again but he frowns this time. He didn't put much attention to it first but there's this van again, following them. It never crossed them when Jeongguk slowed down a bit and just to confirm his suspension, he stops the car infront of the small playground they were crossing, it was lit up a bit but no one was around.

"What happened?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk sighs, seeing the van stop far behind them.

"We're being followed." Jeongguk says and Taehyung's eyes widen.

"What?!" He exclaims. "Why did you stop then?" Taehyung asks.

"Do you want them to lead me to your house and just drop you off?" Jeongguk asks.

"Well let's go back to the office building!" Taehyung says, looks back and sees the black van parked. He gulps and looks at Jeongguk desperately.

"Stay in the car." Jeongguk says and Taehyung thinks he definitely misunderstood him.

"What?"

"Stay in the car, Taehyung. Don't come out." Jeongguk says and unlock the door. Jeongguk is fucking done with this hide and seek shit. He knows its Kyung's men and the alpha will show them who they messed with.

And if they're thinking they can hurt Taehyung---well they are utterly mistaken because Jeongguk won't let that happen.

"Hey, no!" Taehyung had almost grabbed Jeongguk's coat but fails and the alpha closes the door, locks the car.