Chapter 1: When it Begun

*Author's Note*
This is like a "Real world POV" of the Sally Potter series (it will be) that I wrote before this. So it's basically the life of an imaginary actress who plays Sally.
Sooo yea. Enjoy! :D

It all begun when my grandmother asked me this question.

'So, are you going to take the audition?'

I stared into her eyes as she stared back. 'What audition?'

'Oh Sakura, stop pretending you don't know. The audition for the Sally Potter role! And I know that you really want to, my dear.'

'Yeah but...'

'You'll be great, as usual. Trust me! And the directors agree with me too.'

I stared into my knees for a few moment and eventually nodded. 'All right. I'll go.'

'Lovely!' She clapped her hands together. 'Kazunari just had his debut, you're going to take the audition, oh this is wonderful!'

And she gracefully went out of my room, but soon heard her coughing. I rushed out of my room to see her, but she gulped and smiled at me as though she was saying "nothing to worry about". I returned her a half smile as she went downstairs. Yes, my grandmother is sixty-three and yes, she's... Sick. But let's leave this topic for now. She's feeling better, anyway.

My name is Sakura Ninomiya and I'm ten. I'm an actress all my life and I was born in Japan. I have a sister, Junko, who is nineteen and a seventeen year old brother, Kazunari. He's now a singer in a group called Arashi in Japan. I was living in the UK until I was seven with my aunt and uncle from some circumstances (I don't exactly know what, to be honest) and I came back to my home city with my family (again, I don't know why). But I love it here as much as I did over in the UK. Both Junko and Kazunari, whom I've only met few times before, took care of me so much and so did my parents. Then my grandmother was the one who visited me often. She was the first family member whom I met other than my aunt and uncle in the UK and she was the one at the front of my family to greet me at Japan. I was surprised on how many times she had rode on a plane at first, but she was a journalist, so that's understandable.

But anyway, the audition. Have you been wondering what it was for and why my grandmother sounded/looked so keen about it? Well, the answer is this. 'Sally Potter' is one of the main characters of a book series called 'The Potters'. It has two different point of views, each of them being a book: Harry Potter's and Sally's.

The series starts with Harry and Sally defeating the darkest wizard of all time, Lord Voldemort, but is left as orphans. Then on their (shared) eleventh birthday, they find out that they are wizards too. The story continues with their lives at their magical school, Hogwarts and their fights with Voldemort. It apparently is going to be a series of seven and the fourth book was coming out in three months. I read the series for the first time when my grandmother (of course), brought the first book, 'The Philosopher's Stone' back from UK for me to read two years ago. It hooked me in so much that I asked for the Japanese translated version, which came out the following year. This hooked my whole family and now my family are huge 'Potterheads'. Two months ago, Warner Brothers Studios had offered to the (AMAZING) author, J.K. Rowling to make a movie, which she agreed.

They had auditions for each of the characters and managed to find the ideal actor/actress. Except for the role of Sally. The directors, producers and J.K. Rowling thought about it when the head director, Chris Columbus suggested a very talented young actress who was from Japan and was working with his old friend, and was coming to London and could speak English naturally. Aaand that talented actress ended up being me.

Okay, I'm not that talented.

Even though I said I'm an actress all my life, I'm only ten. I mean, yes I was on TV when I was five months old for a Japanese history drama for the year, but there's nothing about it being talented unless you count sleeping and wailing as one. And until I was three or four, I just held an adult's hand and walked and said few words. It wasn't until when I was five and a half when I started to read out lines. But being in movies or TVs or commercials from birth won't make you or me talented as Johnny Depp, James Bond or my admire, Helena Bonham Carter, will it? But yes, I am going to London tomorrow evening for a scene in 'Children Detectives' Case Files', and yes, I can speak English quite fluently and naturally (for a ten year with English as their second language). So Chris Columbus asked the director of CDCF and then he told my grandmother, who told me.

Of course my family was thrilled: they all said there won't be any other great opportunities like this. I agreed, but there was one thing that worries me: that worry was that even though my English was fluent, that was only for casual talking: I wasn't much experienced reading scripts out loud.

But as my family had said, I probably wouldn't get any opportunities like this in the future. So I thought I'll give it s try; for the role of Sally Potter