Sparks of Competition

~After School~

You pulled out your gun, delivering shot after shot at the Shadow in front of you until it fell to the ground. Today was the day you'd make it to the treasure you had decided, and you were definitely backing up your claim. As soon as school ended you had rushed into the palace, navigating your way through it uncovering all its secrets on the way. You backed off from your attack, giving Yusuke a crisp high five to signal him to attack with Goemon.

Yusuke: "I'll end it!"

Using his new power, he froze the other shadow. With them both knocked down you all rush in for an all-out attack, defeating the Shadows in a flash, your group scavenging up whatever you could find on them before continuing on your way.

You: "Nice job Fox"

Yusuke: "Thank you. While this power is new to me, it seems quite intuitive to use. Our enemies won't know what hit them!"

Ryuji: "That's the spirit! Nice to finally have another heavy hitter on the team"

Morgana: "Hey! I'm a heavy hitter!"

Ryuji: "Yeah right! You just puff some wind at them"

Morgana: "I'll show you a puff of wind!"

The two of them exchanged annoyed looks, ready to spar. Wanting to quickly rectify the situation, you looked around, spotting a nearby safe room to your luck.

You: "Oh look! Lets head over there shall we?"

Ann: "Y-yeah! Good idea Joker"

You and Ann began to speed walk to the safe room. The others eventually following behind you. Mentally, you let out a sigh of relief, at least thankful you were safe from attracting more Shadows now. However, despite your change in location, the arguing had yet to cease.

Ryuji: "I ain't saying you're a bad fighter Mona, just...you know...not as good as me. Joker knows I got his back"

Morgana: "Oh really?! Hey Joker? Why don't you tell this stupid monkey here who's been having your back in regards to a certain honor student?"

Ryuji: "Huh? Honor student? What's he talking bout?"

You: "Uhhh..."

Morgana: "I helped Joker get a date with Yoshizawa!"

Ryuji: "For real?! Tell me he's kidding man!"

You: "She just came over to the café I work at, that's all"

Ann: "Huh, I didn't know you worked at a café"

Ryuji: "Me either man!"

You shyly rubbed your nape in response to their intrigue, realizing you had yet to share your living situation with your teammates.

Morgana: "Where he works isn't important! You doubted my skills as a wingman, well look who's laughing now!"

Yusuke: "Might I suggest we continue on? The treasure isn't exactly going to steal-"

Morgana and Ryuji: "Zip it!"

Ann sighed out in annoyance, the two of them beginning a heated argument about multiple subjects in response.