Last Surprise

~Morning~

You: "Okay...so the competition is in the afternoon. That should give us the rest of the day to send out a few invites we have left"

Morgana: "You figured out where everyone is?"

You: "Working on it. I'll have to hope Shinya still hangs at that arcade in Akihabara, same with Hifumi and the church in Kanda. As for Yoshida...I'll probably just have to mail his invite to the Diet Building, since I doubt they'll let me see him"

Morgana: "Uh...you sure mailing an invite that looks like a calling card to a GOVERNMENT building is the best idea?"

You: "Only one way to find out, right?"

Morgana seemed uneasy at that response, not keen to get the eyes of authorities on you any more than you already did.

Morgana: "So after that, we can come back here for you to get ready to see Yoshizawa. Gotta have you looking your best after all"

You: "And that leaves Shinjuku tomorrow night to go to and get the invites to Ohya and Chihaya to finish"

Morgana: "Yeah, sounds like a plan"

You finished getting dressed, grabbing some simple snacks from your cupboard to have as a quick breakfast, dishing up some food for Morgana too. After a quick meal, the two of you took the elevator down, heading straight to the train station and hopping on the first train to Akihabara. The streets were just as they had always been, colourful costumes and maids walking around, the otaku culture of it all seeping from every corner of the streets. You took a small stroll over to the arcade, having a look around but not finding Shinya.

Morgana: "Think he stopped coming here?"

You: "Well, it is pretty early, we should wait for a bit"

You looked around for something to do, spotting the Gun About machine you had played Shinya on so often. The scoreboard was visible, all the top spots taken once again by 'The King'. You smirked lightly, inserting some coins into the machine and starting up a game. It had been a while since you had played at an arcade, with Shinya's gun controller being the only way you had kept your skills in check. You quickly began racking up a heavy high score, people slowly gathering around to watch as you dispatched your enemies with ease. By the end of it, your score tallied up, putting you in the second spot on the leaderboard.

???: "Heh, not bad...you've been practicing, right?"

You turned to the familiar voice, seeing Shinya, the crowd parting a bit as they began muttering about the two of you. As soon as Shinya approached you though, he pulled you into a tight hug, clearly happy you were back.

Shinya: "You're finally back F/n!"

You: "Heya Shinya. Good to see you"

The crowd that had gathered quickly dispersed, leaving the two of you to talk as they got back to their separate games.

Shinya: "You've been using my controller right? I saw your name on the online leaderboards from time to time"

You: "Same here. Pretty sure I beat you a few time you know..."

Shinya: "Oh please, your eyes must not be working or something!"