Proving Your Existence

~After School~

Makoto: "There. A shadow ahead of us. How do you wanna do this?"

You leaned up against the corner, analyzing the best time to strike at the enemy. You had jumped into Kaneshiro's Palace this afternoon and had been making good progress on getting to the treasure, finding yourself in a massive basement of vaults. Sneaking through the enemies, you had been gathering up the journal pieces you needed to open up your way, sensing you were close to the vault. You focused your gaze on the creature ahead of you, gauging its risk level to you and your party.

You: "Shouldn't be too much of a problem, it's pretty weak. Be ready"

As soon as the Shadow turned around, you made your move, pouncing on the foe and ripping its mask off to expose the three combatants inside. It seems you had been lucky, one of the Shadows emitting a blue and purple glow to signify it was volatile.

Morgana: "It's weak to wind! Leave it to me!"

You nodded to Morgana, analyzing the other foes for their weaknesses. Thankful you had fought these Shadows before, you targeted their weakness, blasting them with an inferno of flames and knocking them down. With the momentum going, you high fived Mona, signaling him to attack as he summoned a burst of wind on the volatile enemy. As soon as the attack hit, it worked wonders on the attacker, with it exploding and dealing with the other opponents instantly.

You: "Nice!"

Morgana: "I aim to please! Mwehehe!"

With the battle over quickly, you got to work scavenging what you could off the foes, distracted from your surroundings.

Makoto: "Joker! Look out!"

Acting instinctively, you looked up, spotting a Shadow about to leap at you. In the split second you had, you flipped yourself backward, narrowly dodging the attack of the guard and giving you the opening to rip its mask off. As soon as the foes emerge you hit them with everything you had, element after element being blasted at them before they were all knocked down. With that, you signaled your party for an all-out attack, all of you rushing the monsters and destroying them in an instant. Despite finishing it quickly, the nearby guards were now on the hunt for you. Wanting to avoid more combat, you rushed back to the nearest safe room to wait for them to relax their patrols.

Ryuji: "Dude! What was that just now?"

You: "Huh? What do you mean?"

Ryuji: "That crazy flip thing you did!"

Makoto: "I do have to admit it was quite impressive"

You: "Just something I picked up training with Yoshizawa. Thanks for the spot Queen, that could have been bad"

Makoto: "Anytime"

Ryuji: "Seems that gymnastics training with her paid off! You were almost a goner there leader!"

Yusuke: "I feel lucky to have watched such a graceful technique. I'll be sure to capture it in a worthy piece of art once I return to my studio"

You: "Thanks Fox...I guess? Regardless, we're almost at the treasure. Let's head back to that keypad and see if we can figure out this code"