The Collective Unconscious

~After School~

Morgana: "I...was born here..."

Morgana stared at the heavily fortified quarantine cell, now having added to the myriad of questions this 'Prison of Regression' had created for you. Almost everything about this place confused you. The vein-like vines surrounding you, the prisoners who voluntarily stayed here, the presence of the targets who's hearts you had changed, and the rumours of a maximum security prisoner hidden in this cell. All those, and many more were still unanswered.

Haru: "Born...inside the prison?"

Ann: "Wait, then are YOU the dangerous inmate?!"

Morgana: "No, the inmate wasn't me, but I remember this place. Someone created me here, to guide all of you"

Kasumi: "Inmate...."

Yusuke: "Hm? What is on your mind Yoshizawa?"

You looked over to Kasumi, the young gymnast seemingly in deep thought about something.

Kasumi: "Senpai...isn't that what those two children called you? The cosplay ones?"

You: "You remember that?"

Futaba: "Cosplay? What's she talking about?"

Guard Captain: "We found them! The escapees are in front of the isolated cell! Alert! Alert! Capture them at once!"

You turned to the voices of your attackers as they shed their forms and prepared for combat. With no alternative, you all quickly drew your weapons. Unfortunately they had seriously taken you off guard, striking you a few times before you could properly prepare. Once you were ready though, it didn't take long to handle them all, healing the decent damage they had done soon after you defeated them.

Makoto: "Now isn't the time to be holding discussions. This place seems on high alert so we should move on quickly"

Morgana: "Right, I don't think it'll be long until we reach the depths. Let's go"

With a nod, you all continued on your way, only you stopping for a moment to look back at the maximum security cell. You had no idea about anything to do with this place, and yet, something about that cell seemed so....nostalgic. Before you could pin down what it was, you heard the sound of more forces approaching, quickly making your way back to the group to avoid them. From then on, you continued your infiltration, forcing your way through the security as stealth wasn't much of an option here due to the lack of cover. After many fights and puzzles, you finally approached the large building all the veins were leading towards, the coliseum-like structure towering over you all. As you entered inside, you made your way down, finally finding yourselves at the true depths of Mementos. Surrounding you were hundreds, maybe even thousands of cells, each of the occupants at peace with their surroundings. What was in the middle however, caught more of your attention, a hulking mass of cogs and metal forming a structure, the veins connecting to the top of it.

Futaba: "What's that thing in the middle?"

Ann: "Whatever it is, it looks disgustingly grand"

Kasumi: "Is this the treasure maybe?"

Yusuke: "It would seem so. There are no other passages out of here I can see"