Take the World

~After School~

You: "Gotta be here somewhere..."

It felt pretty surreal to be finally out of that cell, part of you excited to explore the interior of the Velvet Room in more depths...

But the other part was focused on one thing...

And after much searching through the blue hued labyrinth of where you found yourself, you had finally found it...

...finally found her...

She was locked up tight in a cell, curled up against the wall as she accepted her fate, not making a sound. Her phantom thief attire was missing, just sitting there in her regular clothes, showing her lack of rebellion against her situation. You took a step forward, grabbing hold of the bars and drawing her attention to you.

Kasumi: "Oh...senpai..."

You: "You're okay...gimme a sec, I'll get you out of there"

You began looking around for a way to open the cell, hoping to break the bars of the door again. Try as you might though, it wouldn't budge.

Kasumi: "....why?"

You: "What?"

Kasumi: "Why...do you want me to go out there again?"

You looked at Kasumi, the girl looking completely disheartened at the prospect of leaving her cell.

You: "I can't just leave you here"

Kasumi: "I'd...rather be here..."

You: "What are you talking about?"

Kasumi: "If we go back there, we might die...you might die....I....I can't go through that...not again..."

You could see Kasumi visibly shake as she recalled the fresh memory of her demise in her mind, curling up more as a result.

Kasumi: "That thing...the Holy Grail or whatever...I don't think we can beat it..."

You: "So you're okay just giving up?"

Kasumi flinched a bit at your judgemental words, but stayed in her position, not moving from her cell.

Kasumi: "Just...leave me here...I can...join my sister..."

You: "Is that really what you want?"

Kasumi stayed silent as you said that, not giving you an sort of response. You refused to leave her like this.

You: "I thought you were done relying on me so much?"

Kasumi: "...huh?"

Kasumi looked up at you slightly, waiting for you to continue.

You: "You told me, when you first got involved in all this, that you were done being weak. Was that just talk?"

Kasumi: "n-no...no...it wasn't..."

You: "I made a promise to you that I'd end things properly, and I intend to keep it. Are you really gonna make me do it alone?"