Settling In

~Daytime~

Miwa: "Mr. Guinea Pig!"

As soon as you walked through the door, you were greeted by Miwa-chan, the now healthy girl running up to you and giving you a tight hug. After your first visit seeing her in your hometown, the young girl quickly became your friend, her happy nature shining now she was better. You couldn't help but laugh a bit, patting her on the head.

You: "Hey, what are you doing here? Thought you were all better missy"

Tae: "She's my little assistant"

Tae had come out from behind the counter, a smile on ger face as she approached you.

Tae: "I couldn't get rid of her even if I tried, but I suppose having such a smiling and happy girl in a place like this isn't the worst thing in the world"

Miwa: "Mhm! Me and Tae-Tae make sure everyone leaves happy!"

You: "Tae-Tae huh?"

You looked up at Takemi grinning, the good doctor rolling her eyes and smiling. She lowered herself down to Miwa's level, handing her some change.

Tae: "I have to have a lil chat with my guinea pig here, why don't you be a good girl and fetch us all some drinks, okay?"

Miwa: "Okay!"

With a giddy smile on her face, Miwa went on her way to complete her task, leaving you and Takemi alone.

Tae: "So...since when were you back in town?"

You: "Yesterday. Thought I'd stop by"

Tae: "Really? Huh..."

Tae motioned for you to follow her, the two of you heading into the exam room to continue chatting. You had spent plenty of time her, memories of Tae's sicking concoctions quickly returning to you as you sat down on the bed.

Tae: "It's good to see you. You look like you're doing well"

You: "Likewise. How's business?"

Tae: "Steady, which is saying a lot. I've been receiving funding from a lot of different agencies to start developing more varieties of medicine, and I even got an offer to hold a lecture about chemical sciences at a university near here"

You: "Guess 'The Plague' is finally history"

Tae: "In no small part thanks to you. I truly can't thank you enough for the help you gave me"

You: "Seeing the smile on Miwa's face is plenty of thanks for me. Although...you could tell her to stop calling me guinea pig"

Tae chuckled slightly, with you following along. You were happy her sense of humour was still intact after not seeing her much for a year.

Tae: "How is your leg doing by the way? Any aches or pains?"

You: "None that I know of?"

Tae: "Swelling? Muscle contortion?"

Tae continued listing off symptoms to you, a concerned look on her face. Since you were there anyways, you saw no reason not to let her check up on it, rolling up your pant leg to let Tae examine the place your bullet wound used to be. During your surgery, Tae had been your personal pharmacist at your beck and call, making sure your needs were watched over all the way through your recovery. It was clear she still felt attached to her 'patient', wanting to make sure you were healing properly.