The Final Touches

~After School~

You: "I need to talk to him"

Ryuji: "Huh? Hey...you okay Joker?"

Yusuke: "Who are you talking to?"

Your friends looked at you, confused as you expected. After what happened to Akechi, you had carved a path back to the main hall of the boat, entering in all five letters and securing your route to the treasure. All the time everyone had been quite quiet, still trying to process everything that happened during your fight with the detective prince. You had meant what you said though,  And while Ryuji and the others couldn't see her, you could...as Justine gave you a serious look while guarding the door to the Velvet Room.

Justine: "I understand why you wish to speak to him, but I-"

You: "I need...to talk to him. He's gonna answer my questions...whether he likes it or not"

Ann: "H-Hey Joker...I know we went through a lot today...so maybe let's just head home...okay?"

You tried your best to ignore your concerned friends. All that mattered right now is that Justine would let you in like normal. The young blue garbed warden looked at you, sighing out heavily and looking concerned about what you wanted to do.

Justine: "While I can't refuse you access to that place...I kindly ask you reconsider your next actions. Caroline...won't be happy..."

You: "I'll handle her, now let me in Justine...please"

Haru: "Um...who is this Justine you speak of?"

Ever reluctant, Justine sighed as she stood aside, the cell door to the Velvet Room opening up for you. Without a second of delay, you walked inside, a flash of blue light blinding you before you arrived in your familiar cell. In front of you as always, was Igor, that ever disturbing smile on his face as he tapped his fingers away on his desk.

Igor: "Ah, Trickster...my wardens tell me you-"

You: "Why did you give Akechi the Nav?"

You spoke in a deadly serious tone, staring daggers at Igor. As expected, Caroline was upset at your sudden interruption of her master, slamming her baton against your cell door.

Caroline: "How dare you interrupt our master!"

Justine: "Dear sister! Please, calm yourself"

Caroline: "I will not! And what's this I hear about you giving up on your rehabilitation inmate?! What are you-"

You: "Caroline. I'll apologize as much as you want later...but right now, I'm talking to him"

Despite her initial protests, the temperamental warden settled down as you stared back towards Igor. As you had said, you had questions, and Igor was the only one who could answer them.

You: "Akechi had access to the Metaverse long before I did. You gave it to him...and you're going to tell me why..."

You gripped the bars of your cell door tightly as you ordered Igor to explain himself. Your attire seemed to flicker for only a split second, changing to your Phantom Thief outfit, before back to your prisoner uniform almost instantly. Despite your differences, Akechi didn't deserve the fate he had gotten. You were still angry at what happened, and if Igor was to blame for him death...he'd be sorry. A low chuckle emanated from the long nosed man as he responded.