Recovery Time

~After School~

As your slowly began to regain consciousness, you opened your eyes, seeing the familiar sight of your attic room. Your body felt numb, only able to move your upper torso as you woke up.

You: "Ngh...what..."

Futaba: "He's awake!"

Kasumi: "F/n!"

You turned your head to see all your friends, having set themselves up in your room. As soon as they noticed you were awake, they quickly crowded around you excited.

You: "Hey...guys..."

Ryuji: "Man, I was so worried you weren't gonna wake up!"

Haru: "You gave us all quite the scare!"

Ann: "You were out cold for the whole day! We came back as soon as classes ended"

Futaba: "Me and Mona didn't leave your side for one second!"

Morgana: "Yeah, cus the one time I DID leave, you tried to draw on his face!"

Futaba: "I did NOT!"

You spaced out a bit as Futaba and Mona argued. Your mind was still a bit foggy on what had happened, but suddenly shot awake, remembering your wound tearing open during your escape, and passing out on the street. With one of your hands, you felt down at the bullet hole, finding it neatly wrapped up in bandages and feeling better stitched together than before.

You: "How did you..."

Makoto: "Doctor Takemi called someone here to take a look at you while you were passed out"

Yusuke: "He was able to treat your wound properly, but was quite skeptical about doing so to begin with"

Futaba: "I maaay have had to blackmail him to make sure he did it and didn't say anything. Finding a highschooler with a bullet wound isn't exactly a normal occurrence you know"

Makoto: "Still not too pleased about you doing that..."

Futaba: "Why's everyone on my case?! Not my fault the dude's phone had such trashy security! Or...that he was going on some pretty weirdo sites..."

You: "How did you even get me back? Pretty sure I collapsed right outside the Diet Building...right?"

Ann: "Oh, that was thanks to Mona's quick thinking!"

Morgana: "We pulled you into the Mementos so no one could spot us, and then drove straight back here as fast as we could"

Before you could get any more questions out, Kasumi hit you hard on the shoulder, looking at you angrily.

You: "Ow! H-Hey!"

Kasumi: "I was so worried you jerk! Your leg was bleeding so badly and me and Nijima-senpai were trying to put pressure on it and....and..."

Kasumi's angered look quickly faded as she began to lightly tear up, burying her face into your chest as she hugged you tightly.

Kasumi: "T-There was so much blood...I...I was so scared I was...was gonna lose another person I cared about!..."

You quickly embraced her, gently petting her hair as Kasumi began bawling. You hated yourself right now for putting her through that kind of stress.