Making Some Gains

~After School~

Ryuji: "H-hey! Wait up! You...know my leg's still...bad man!"

You: "I ain't.....letting you...win...this race...out of pity!"

You continued sprinting along with Ryuji, talking between heavy breaths as you both continued your training. You had already helped him out with the business regarding the newly formed track team, but that had seemingly only spurred him on to increase the training he had planned for you both. As you rushed through the school grounds, you passed by Kasumi, waving to her as you passed.

You: "Hi....Kasumi!"

Kasumi: "Good pace senpai! Keep it up!"

She gave you a few claps as you passed her by, cheering you on to push yourself that much further.

Ryuji: "C'mon! You get...your own... cheerleader too?!"

This had been the fifth or sixth lap around the school, and Ryuji was showing no signs of stopping yet. After what seemed like forever, you finally stopped, barely standing as you both caught your breath.

You: "I win...you're buying"

Ryuji: "Damn it!"

That had been the agreement you had both made beforehand. Whoever had won your 'race' was buying ramen after, with both of you getting changed out of your gym wear and making your way out of school.

Kasumi: "Nice job both of you! That was quite a race"

You were still drying yourself off with a towel as both you and Ryuji passed by Kasumi once again on your way out.

You: "Ryuji, this is Kasumi Yoshizawa. Kasumi, this is my friend Ryuji Sakamoto, the one I told you bout"

Kasumi: "It's very nice to meet you Sakamoto-senpai!"

Ryuji: "S-senpai? Oh man, I could get used to hearing that!"

You nudged Ryuji harshly, the blonde taking the hint as she continued chatting.

Ryuji: "S-so Yoshizawa, you're a gymnast right? You training with this guy too?"

Kasumi: "Planning to, we haven't had much time to it just yet though. I'm glad to see F/n-senpai takes training so seriously though!"

Ryuji: "Oh definitely! He's a total fit freak. So uh, don't be afraid to show him no mercy when you start out!"

You: "You little-"

Kasumi: "Really? That's perfect! The training my coach gives me is pretty intense, so much so it usually makes cry at the end!"

You gave Ryuji a death stare, angered that he had doomed you to this fate. The delinquent just grinned back, seemingly proud he had gotten revenge on you for winning the race.

Ryuji: "Well, we gotta get going. Nothing better after practicing than ramen!"

Kasumi: "Have a good time!"

Kasumi gave you both a bow before you left, immediately putting Ryuji into a headlock and scruffing up his hair once she was out of sight as payback. After a walk and train ride, you finally got to where you'd be eating, ordering from the deluxe menu to Ryuji's dismay.