Carving a Path

~After School~

You: "Remind me why I'm here again?"

You could hear the rustling of clothes behind the blue curtains of the dressing rooms, the girls reluctantly getting changed into swimsuits. As you waited on them, you picked out small chunks of cheese from your teeth, still processing the fact you had been a mouse a few minutes prior. Your infiltration had been going well, despite the absence of Yusuke for the day as he helped out Morgana and Kasumi in Mementos. Shido's actions had only just begun to be revealed as you explored his Palace, the soon-to-be politician having organising the mental shutdowns of specific individuals to help his rise to power. So far, you had already retrieved one of the five letters of recommendation you needed to get to Shido, now working on getting the next one on the list from the nobleman. Ryuji had come up with a 'plan' so to speak, making the girls dress up to attract the noble's attention.

Ann: "Duh, if Skull was here he'd just try to peep on us. You're the only guy on the team we can trust to guard us"

Makoto: "If we got caught by one of the Shadows in here alone, things would be...complicated"

Haru: "That may be putting it mildly..."

Futaba: "Ugh...do I have to go along with this too?"

Ann: "Let's just get this over with"

Futaba: "Easy for you to say! I'm flat as a board compared to you!"

You tried to zone out of the argument that was now taking place between the girls, keeping lookout as they finished dressing and came out in their swimsuits.

Makoto: "I guess we're all set"

You: "Let's head back"

Ann: "Actually, I wanted your opinion on something Joker"

You: "We don't really have time to be discussing what swimsuit fits you best Panther..."

Ann: "Not that you dummy! I came up with a move I need your help with"

You: "Oh, my bad..."

Ann: "It's alright. I just get a bad feeling from that guy, so I want something planned just in case he's a creep"

You: "Sure, I can help with that"

You turned to the other girls for a moment.

You: "You guys go on ahead and rejoin the guys, we'll be right behind you"

They all nodded and reluctantly exited the dressing rooms, leaving you and Ann to discuss your combat manoeuvre. After exchanging notes, you exited the fitting room and grouped back up with everyone, the girls going ahead to try and convince the noble.

You: "Of course this would be your plan Skull"

Ryuji: "Hey! You won't be complaining when it works like a charm. The girls will totally grab that guy's attention now!"

You: "We'll see"

Ryuji: "But man, this must suuuck for Mona. Bet he'd love to see Panther dressed up like that"