Wanna Hang Out?

~After School~

Maruki: "You keep up this quality of coffee and I really might end up becoming a regular here F/n"

You: "I don't mind, your work is honestly very interesting to chat about, plus the boss is always looking for more regular customers. I keep trying to hand out cards for this place at school but..."

Maruki: "I guess your reputation does make that quite difficult"

You: "That's putting it mildly"

Maruki light chuckled as he sat at the counter, continuing to drink his coffee as you worked the store while Sojiro was out. Upstairs in your room however, you had been holding a phantom thief meeting, hoping to finalize your efforts to deliver a calling card to Okumura. While you did enjoy the councilor's company, you were awaiting his departure and Sojiro's return so you could get back to business.

Maruki: "It's quite rare to find someone your age so interested in my research. I truly can't thank you enough for all the help you've been giving me"

You: "Save people, that's the best way to thank me"

Maruki: "Haha, I'll be sure to do my best! So, how is your relationship going? I'm hearing a lot about you with my sessions with Yoshizawa-san"

You: "Great, I'm meeting her Dad later this week"

Maruki: "I hope things go well for you then, you're definitely having a good effect on her from what I can see. Ah, I shouldn't say more, patient confidentiality and all that"

You: "By the way, you met Futaba while I was away right?"

Maruki: "You mean Sakura-chan? Yes, we had an interesting discussion together"

You: "Pretty surprising, she's not exactly great with normal conversation due to her lifestyle"

Maruki: "I guess I should count myself lucky. She seems like she's been through a lot, yet despite that, she's pressing on. Quite a remarkable young lady I would say!"

You: "That's definitely one word to describe her"

Just then you felt your phone vibrate, getting a text from Futaba to remind you she still had bugs planted around Leblanc, allowing her to hear what you were saying. She also sent multiple emojis to express her annoyance you had yet to return to the group.

Maruki: "Is something wrong F/n?"

You: "Huh? Oh...its nothing, just a friend texting me"

Maruki: "Ah I see, well, in any case, I think I best be heading off. What do I owe you?"

You worked out the cost of Maruki's drinks and received the right amount of yen from him, placing it in the register as the doctor packed up his things.

Maruki: "Thank you again for the coffee, as well as the interesting discussion"

You: "No problem, see ya round doc!"

With a wave goodbye, Maruki left, heading on his way and leaving you to finish manning the shop until Sojiro was back. Relieved of duty, you rejoined your friends to conclude your meeting, ready to steal Okumura's treasure tomorrow!