Consequences

~???~

The icey chill of water was the first thing you felt, feeling it splash against your face and force you back into consciousness. The next thing...was immense pain, the feeling every bruise and cut and crack of your bones in your body, as well as the bullet wound in your leg.

Detective: "No dozing off!"

You: "Where...am I?"

You found it hard to remember, the pain blocking out your memory of what had happened, a splitting headache making even basic speech difficult.

Detective: "Trying to play dumb huh? Give it up!"

The detective delivered a hard kick to your gut, knocking you off the chair and to the floor as you wheezed in pain. Before you could recover you could feel the detective's boot pressing on your face, your head being pushed into the ground.

Detective: "Come on, cooperate! Or do you want another shot?"

As he said that, you noticed the needles on the ground, the memory of them filling you up with all kinds of drugs to force a confession coming back to you. Looking around the room more, you spotted a camera in the corner, wondering who was on the other end and what they thought of this.

Detective: "Huh? What about the camera?"

The detective removed his boot from your face, now crouching down to grab you by the hair.

Detective: "Are you thinking it could be used as video evidence?"

You stayed silent, not wanting to give your interrogator anything. Annoyed, he slammed your head back into the ground before kicking you again in the gut.

Detective: "Didn't hear my question? Answer!"

You coughed out in pain, unable to answer anything in your current state. You watched as the other detective handed your assailant a file, with him reading it out.

Detective: "Obstruction of justice, blackmail, defamation, possession of weapons... manslaughter too yeah? Talk about the works! To think all those crimes were led like a punk like this...and you seem to be enjoying every second of it...huh?"

You were...enjoying it? Everything was hazy and hard to remember...but part of that rung true in your mind.

Detective: "You should know your place"

The detective signalled to his partner, with him rushing over to uncuff you before throwing you against the wall. With the uncomfortable feeling of the cold metal cuffs gone, your attacker came over to you, handing a sheet of paper with writing too hard to make out in your current state.

Detective: "Sign here"

You: "What...is it?"

Detective: "It's a confession under your name"

Despite the treatment you had been given, you had no intention of accepting your circumstances quietly. Knowing what is was, you knocked the clipboard away.

Detective: "I see...I need your hand to sign this, but..."

The detective proceeded to push his index finger in the hole in your leg, with you shrieking in agony as he opened the wound even further than it already was. After much agony her relented, waves of pain still being felt in your leg as it began bleeding more profusely.