An Uneasy Feeling

~After School~

Morgana: "Phew, day one finally over. How's it feel?"

You: "Like a cakewalk compared to getting shot"

You were walking around in the streets of Shibuya, wondering what to do for the afternoon now that your exams were over and done with for the day. Taking the opportunity, you returned the DVD you had rented back to the store, taking out a new one to watch later. You also browsed the bookstore a bit, wondering if there were any titles you should buy. Overall, you were really just killing time, none of your friends having invited you out today, most likely due to being exhausted from exams. You were browsing through the books when a familiar face caught your eye, turning to see Hifumi perusing the selection herself. Possibly feeling your eyes on her, she began looking around, eventually spotting you to her surprise.

Hifumi: "Oh, hello there F/n"

You: "Hey, looking for books again?"

Hifumi: "Yes, I heard that a foreign shogi star recently released a book detailing some unorthodox strategies"

You: "Hard at work starting from scratch again?"

Hifumi: "It's not so bad, I'm actually finding it quite enjoyable. Its been some time since I so actively studied new shogi techniques"

Hifumi gave you a gentle smile as she found the book she was looking for, grabbing it off the shelf before continuing to talk with you.

Hifumi: "I'm glad to see you are doing well. Seeing you on television like that was quite a shock"

You: "Talking about my 'suicide'? Or my grand re-emergence?"

Hifumi: "Both I suppose"

You: "Had to keep my moves hidden while I set up checkmate, sorry"

Hifumi: "Its good to see you've taken my lessons to heart. When the police reported your fate, I was quite insistent that Kitagawa-kun tell me what you had planned, much to his dismay"

You: "Didn't believe for a second I was dead?"

Hifumi: "I taught you well enough to know you wouldn't fall into the enemies hands so easily"

You: "Sorry for keeping you out of the loop, your lessons really were a big help though. Oh, by the way, before I forget..."

You rummaged through your school bag, Hifumi looking at you curiously. Eventually you found the object you wanted, pulling out one of the calling cards Sojiro had given you.

You: "If you ever want to practice together outside the church, stop by again. First rounds on me, as an apology for keeping you in the dark"

Hifumi: "Oh, thank you. Perhaps I'll see you down there sometime"

Hifumi took the card and placed it in her pocket. You followed her over to the cashier, giving her a moment to pay for her new book before you both exited the store.

You: "Well, see you around"

Hifumi: "Definitely, don't be afraid to call me if you ever want to play again"