navy blue // 1

"Here goes nothing" Darcey walked through the doors, a moment she had been going over again and again in her head for weeks now. It was her first day meeting the team and she wanted to make the right impression.

Although the it was another couple of months until the season began, there was a lot to be done before they set of for their first race of the calendar in Australia. She took a look up and let out a big sigh before walking towards the automatic doors ahead.

"OPE"

"Oh god, I'm so sorry" Darcey gasped before she was met with a pair of blue eyes

"It's fine, it's not my first collision" Sebastian said replied with a cheeky grin

"Still, sorry." She was looking down at the floor now, this is exactly what she didn't want to happen. Great first impression Darcey.

"You new here?" He questioned.

"What gave it away?" Darcey laughed awkwardly.

"Well let's hope you're better at your job than, well walking" This time they were interrupted the noise of a car door slamming

"Seb, you ready?" called a tall blonde women in matching red bull uniform

"Sure, I'll see you around...What's your name?" Seb trailed of as he realised they hadn't introduced themselves

"Why you gonna get me fired?" This time matching his cheekiness from moments ago

"I could, I am kind of important around here" He smirked

"Sebastian, we've got to get going we can't be late again" She women was right next to him now trying to pull him away

"I guess I'll see you in Melbourne then" Darcey shouted as Sebastian was ushered into the car waiting out the front.

Darcey turned her attention back to the task at hand, meeting the team.

"Hi, Darcey Collins... I'm here to met the race team"

"Sign in here and if you head through the double doors you should find the boys somewhere around there" the receptionist said with no more than a simple nod in the right direction and a slide of a badge with the text 'visitor' printed on the front.

With that she collected her badge and set of to find the double doors the receptionist spoke off. Darcey wasn't great with new environments and when she took this job at Red Bull Racing she knew she was stepping out of her comfort zone. It was more than just fixing a car, there were people depending on her. People like the German she had made a fool of herself in front of a couple minutes ago.

She was comfortable under a car, she had spent most her childhood in her Dad's family garage after all. He was the reason she became a fan of the sport and although Red Bull wasn't her Dad's favourite team but she hoped he didn't mind too much. Darcey was suddenly brought back to reality with the sound of laughter and cheering.

"I'm looking for an Ian Townsend" Darcey chimed over to the group of men playing table football.

"That's me, you must be Darcey. Welcome to the team." Ian smiled and gestured over at the team.

"You ready to get dirty?" Called out another one as he clapped his hands, together the others turned to look at him

"I meant like in the garage, with the cars and the..." He trailed off

"This is Will, he doesn't talk to girls all that much" Brad patter Will's shoulders as the rest laughed

And with that they walked over to the design studio where they would be introduced the main girl, RB8. The rest of the day consisted of meeting the rest of the race team, getting her own set of navy blues and a lot training and preparation to get her up to speed with the rest of the team.

It had been a busy couple of weeks for the Red Bull Racing team and things starting getting busier as they got closer to the first race of the season. The last days were met with long hours, intense practice sessions and endless packing ensuring everything was ready to be shipped out meeting them on the other side.

Darcey regretted leaving packing to the last day when she was faced with a suitcase with nothing but her team uniform. She found herself wondering what this year might have in store for her and if she was making the right decision to leave everything she knew. Once she settled on her picks for the weekend with not much help from the guys.

She then turned her attention to the email sent by the team explaining all the arrangements such coach, airport and pick up. This was the first and most hectic stop they would make during the season with the European part of the season being made up of long car journeys and sing a longs - she had been warned before hand.  

"All ready for tomorrow then?" Her mum appeared around the corner

"As ready as I'll ever be" Darcey sighed

"Your Dad would be so proud of you, he always wanted more for you than this small town"

"I know, but I can still imagine him calling me a traitor for siding with the bulls" Darcey laughed

"Better not wear your old Mclaren hat then" Her mum smiled as she glanced down at the hat wrapped around her backpack before saying her good nights.

Darcey reached over to her bag placed at the end of her bed, remembering the day her Dad had bought it for her at the Silverstone race track. He surprised her for her birthday with her first Grand Prix race. Formula one was a big part of their relationship growing up and in later years when he got sick, something about the excitement and adrenaline of it all made them both forget about it.

And with that Darcey placed it inside her bag, setting it down next to her suitcase ready for whatever tomorrow brings.