singapore nights // 17

The weeks separating them from their next race in Singapore flew by, partly because they wanted to prove themselves as real competitors. They knew they had the pace and hours of training over the weeks were about to pay off. 

After being consistently fast through free practices, Sebastian could only manage third in qualifying, ahead of Jenson and Fernando. This didn't worry the team too much as Sebastian was well known for being good around race this track, the only thing that could mess this up him was their reliably.  

Lights out and Hamilton led lap 1 with Maldonado falling to 4th with Vettel and Button overtaking into P2 and P3 respectively. On lap 23, Hamilton's gearbox failed resulting in his retirement from the race, allowing Vettel to take P1. The pit stop gods were in their favour as Sebastian was able to pit under safety cars and maintain his lead at the front.

The race finished two laps early as the two-hour limit was reached and this didn't happen often but with two safety cars, it had been a whirlwind of a race. 

"That's P1 Seb, congratulations buddy," Rocky announced over the radio as the garage commenced into chaos behind him

"YESSSSSSSS! That's how it's done" Sebastian screamed down the radio

"Exactly! Well done you did it" Christian cheered from the pit wall

"No we did it, thank you for all your hard work. We got there eventually" Sebastian spoke, Darcey could tell from just his voice that he was tearing up slightly behind that helmet as he took his lap of victory. 

Darcey stood with the rest of the team as they cheered their driver on from down below. Then the strangest thing happened when Sebastian stood proudly on top of the first place step, Sebastian looked straight at Darcey and it was as if she was the only one down there. 

Once the celebrations and photographs were taken, the pack down officially began and discussion on tonights plans consumed the garage. The flights back home weren't until tomorrow evening so they knew they had time to go all out, with many deciding to start with meals and then venture further out of town. 

"Actually Kendall and I were going to explore Singapore for a bit, you're all welcome to join" Darcey inserted while the guys seemed to only discuss where they were drinking. 

"No thanks, I've got plans" Scotty argued as he was getting ready to leave the garage 

"With who?" Brad scoffed 

"The bar, of course!" Scotty cheered earning high fives from the two lads, while Darcey just rolled her eyes

The group went their separate ways now as Darcey had thought she'd check up on Kendall to see what the plans were. Working in hospitality Kendall's shift didn't end at the same time as the mechanics in the garage. Especially when there's a win, people tend to stay later and more people are invited into the motorhome. 

Walking into the motorhome, Darcey was pleased to see Kendall coming down the stairs - apron and bag in hand. This meant only one thing, the shift was over and they could get out of there.

"You finished?" Darcey cheered excitedly 

"Yeah, I did breakfast so I got to swap with someone" Kendall grinned 

"Great, that means we can get a head start and I've already said we'll still meet the guys later" Darcey began to explain not noticing Kendall's look of confusion

"Wait, head start where? Oh shit, I totally forgot!" Kendall cursed as she remembered the promise she had made to Darcey in Monza. 

"What do you mean you forgot? We can still go right?" Darcey looked at Kendall with worry