make it right // 8

The weeks after Monaco seemed to fly by with the extra stress of the illegal bodywork being put under fire by the FIA. They had been given the orders to get it ready in time for the next race in Canada making every second count.

Luckily it was all sorted in time for the race in Canada, making it all worth it when Sebastian set a pole-sitting lap that Saturday afternoon.

The pole position didn't quite work out as the expected with a bad call on tires and strategies, his rivals were able to catch up to him and a few pit stops later, Vettel found himself coming home in fifth.

Back to Spain for the European race held in Valencia, a street race similar to the likes of Monaco. This time the team knew they had to bring it and bring home a win. If the amount of red Ferrari shirts holding Alonso flags walking around was anything to go by, Darcey knew that Red Bull weren't the favourite here.

It was the first time Formula One had held a race here, and for many drivers it was their first time racing around here. Each lap counted out there to gather enough data, but the team had been experiencing technical difficulties and it wasn't looking good.

"Darcey! Are you even listening to me?" Brad called out from under the car

"I try not to" Darcey muttered turning her attention back to her teammate as she was watching the interviews on the screen.

"Can you help me with this?" Brad asked

"Nah, I'd rather sit back and watch you struggle. Quality entertainment." Darcey giggled while leaning back against the bench

"Fine I'll just let your boyfriend know his car won't be ready" Brad whispered raising an eyebrow at Darcey, this soon wiped the smug look of Darcey's face.

"You little..." Darcey hissed while taking over for Brad, giving him exactly what he wanted. He did this a lot, ask her to help him but it always ended with her doing his dirty work.

"Something wrong?" Sebastian appeared out of nowhere looking between the two mechanics

"Just messing with Darcey here, it's just too easy" Brad smirked

"Hey--only I'm allowed to mess with you!" Sebastian shouted, maybe a bit too loud as the rest of the garage turned to look at the three of them. Coming from Sebastian it didn't sound as innocent, or was that just how Darcey heard it?

After an impressive time in qualifying, they found themselves at the front of the grid for that Sunday afternoon on the streets of Valencia.

Sebastian was able to get a powerful launch off the start line and went into the first corner unchallenged, and Vettel showed very impressive pace in the early laps, building a 4-second lead within the first two laps and continuing to extend it at a second per lap.

The complexion of the race took a big turn when the safety car was deployed after overtake ending in a puncher to two cars, slowing down the grid so they could clear the track. This making Vettel's gap that he had worked hard in creating, non-existent. Darcey sat back in her chair not taking her eyes off the monitors as she watched the safety car come in for the restart.

Letting go of the breath she had no idea she was holding, she watched as their driver pulled away with great speed and the garage stood up in joy and relief. This would soon come to an end as they watched their car come to a stop and the side of the track.

"I have no power, it's over" Sebastian muttered over the radio

"Park it up Seb, sorry it had to end like this" Came the disappointed voice of Rocky

Darcey just stood there, staring at the monitor. She watched as the camera's zoomed in on Sebastian's helmet trying to get a glimpse of how he was feeling right. Soon enough you got quite a good understanding of his emotions as he tour of his gloves throwing them in frustration.