all of you // 40

The time they spent together was short-lived as they heard a knock at the door, behind it revealing Britta as she paused for a moment grinning at the pair. The press officer made it no secret that she was the couples biggest fan, mostly she was glad that she had someone else to help keep Sebastian in check on a race weekend. 

"Sorry to disturb you, but we really need to get a move on" Britta insisted as she clung to the door, gesturing for him to exit through it. Sebastian turned to look at Darcey, he hated leaving her - he had already lost so much time with her this weekend, this year. 

"Go" Darcey urged, like she knew what he was thinking. "You can make it up to me later" 

Sebastian smirked, as he took this in precisely the way Darcey intended it to be and stepped back into the room for one last kiss before chasing after Britta. 

Darcey walked out of Sebastian's driver's room, finding that the rest of the team had swapped the champagne glasses for tool as they began the takedown. Sebastian may have won the championship hear, but the circus didn't end there as they looked towards to the next three races. Plus the sooner they packed away, the sooner they could celebrate their driver's win. 

In Darcey's first year at Red Bull Racing, going out after a race had become a regular occurrence whether it was a win or not. Of course some nights were bigger than others, but as long as the team were together it would be a good night. 

The last couple of months had been changed all of that, between hospitals, funerals and secret big brothers celebrating wasn't such a normality fo Darcey. It wasn't like she was too busy wallowing in her self-pity to have a good time but more it was hard to find the time amongst the chaos of it all. A month had passed since they lost Nate, and everything seemed to spiral out of control from then onwards. 

But Darcey wanted to put the past behind her for just one night at least, as tonight was about Sebastian and his fourth championship. It was a surreal experience walking into the Amber Lounge, because not only was she invited to things like this but now she was apart of it. 

"This place is insane" Kendall screamed over the sound of the music, they had just about managed to make it to the bar as they navigated their way through a sea of people. 

"No, this line is insane. How many people did they invite?" Will complained seeing the packed bar and realising they might be here for a while.

"Hey, do you ever feel like you're being watched?" Darcey whispered after a while as she couldn't help but notice eyes boring into the back of her. Darcey had done her best to ignore the media stares whilst in the paddock, by making herself busy or distracting herself with work but now there was nowhere to go.

"All the time. When you look this good, you have to get used to it." Scotty remarked, easing Darcey's nerves for a second as she shook her head at her friend. 

"How very civil of you" Darcey expressed, playing along while still doing her best to ignore the stares. It didn't take long to be served as the bartender spotted the famous mechanic, saying that the drinks were on the club tonight.

"It can be a burden at times, but if it means free drinks - I guess it's worth it" Scotty grinned, nudging his friend as they walked away from the bar. 

"I would've dated Seb myself, if I had known it gets you free drinks" Will exclaimed, causing the group of four to laugh while they walked through the crowd of people.

The night was beginning to feel a lot like last years celebrations, as she found herself searching for the German driver, the man of the hour or rather the year. But although Darcey hadn't been in Sebastian's world for long, she knew that the workday wasn't over for Seb yet. So she waited patiently, knowing that Sebastian would eventually find his way back to her - he always did.