all my fault // 36

"What have you done?" Darcey cried as she saw Sebastian's limp body in Brad's arms. A small trickle of blood still fresh from the harm he had done to the driver. "Sebastian, Seb please no"

"No this is on you, I had no choice" Brad hissed down at the mechanic, as he truly believed she was the cause for all of this. "I'll be back later to clear up this mess"

Once the door had slammed shut, Darcey moved over to Sebastian taking his hand in hers and caressing his cheek. Her panic growing by the second, as she looked for any type of response from her german driver. 

"Please wake up, please I'm begging you" Brad's words echoing in her mind as she choked on her own tears. "I didn't mean for this to happen" She rested her head on his chest, when she felt it rise and then fall again slowly. 

Letting out a pained groan, Sebastian slowly and carefully sat up wincing as every muscle in his body screamed out in pain. He closed his eyes as the pressure began to build across his temple, the headache kicking in. 

Silencing his string of muttered swearwords and irked grumbles, Sebastian warily looked up at his surroundings. 

"Darc" Sebastian whispered, he stopped and stared for a moment as if he was checking he wasn't seeing things. Which to be fair in his state wouldn't be unexpected, as his vision kept coming in and out of focus. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you"

"I'm okay" Darcey whispered, tears forming in her eyes as she saw the one she loved, in pain because of her, "I'm so sorry"

"You've got nothing to be sorry for"

"This is all my fault"

"No, you can't say that" Sebastian argued, "This is all Brad isn't it?" 

Darcey looked up, shocked by Sebastian's tone as he said Brad's name "How did you know?"

"I knew you'd never walk away from all this, not if you had a choice" He stopped and collected his thoughts for a second, "Then I saw your Dad's cap, and a couple of things have been off about Brad lately. I mean I still don't know the whole story but I knew I had to do something"

"What were you thinking? You think he won't hurt you too?" She felt her throat close up as even the thought of anything happening to Seb was too much to bear.  

"I don't care, I couldn't let anything bad happen to you"

"But what about you?" Darcey began to cry, frustrated at the situation they had found themselves in. "What if something happened to you, you're already bleeding"

"It's just blood"

"Yeah this time! God, how could you have been so stupid?" 

"It's not stupid to want to protect the ones you love" Sebastian shouted back, frustrated by Darcey inability to accept any help no matter what. He cooled himself down before continuing "I can't even begin to explain what I'd do for you, I will do anything if it means keeping you safe"

"This is such a mess" Darcey mumbled, Sebastian leant across to tuck some stray pieces of hair behind her ear. Darcey closed her eyes as she melted into his soft touch.

"Whatever this is, we can face it together" Sebastian whispered, "I'm not losing you again"

Darcey sighed, realising that this was probably the last time she will see Sebastian. "I might not get another chance to say this" She paused for a moment, "Ich liebe duch."

Then for a brief moment, they sat in silence just staring at each other until Sebastian broke out in a fit of laughter. Darcey's heartrate increased but not from nerves but rather rage as she failed to see what was so funny.