let you know // 20

Red Bull Racing had earnt itself the nickname of the party team, they always played the loudest music and were known to throw the best parties in the paddock. Therefore it was no surprise that after winning not only the constructor's title but also the driver's title, the team wasted no time in organising drinks at the most exclusive cocktail bar in town. 

It took Darcey longer than usual to get ready as the normal jeans and nice top combination just wasn't going to cut it. She had been in a noticeably good mood since her little victory kiss with Sebastian, which appeaed to have more of an effect on her than the champagne ever did. 

"You look incredible, where have you been hiding that dress all season?" Kendall noticed her dress for the first time, as she walked out of the bathroom after what felt like two hours. 

"Somewhere where you couldn't find it and wear it yourself" Darcey joked as she looked down at her silver bodycon dress, hugging her figure in all the right places. 

"You know me so well" Kendall mocked, bringing her hand to her chest. 

"Too well" Darcey sighed before sharing a gentle smile as the girls realised how close they have become, in this hectic world they had really been each other's rocks and kept each other sane. 

"You ready?" 

"I guess so" taking one last look in the mirror before they left to meet the rest of the group downstairs, Kendall was already out the door and waiting for Darcey to lock up behind them. 

In the darkness of the room Darcey noticed the light beaming from her phone and on it read a message from the triple world champion. 

Sebastian Vettel 

Can't wait to see you tonight, can we talk alone at some point? Text me when you get there xx

"Come on girl, we haven't got all night" Kendall expressed as she appeared in the doorway, to see Darcey staring blankly at her phone screen. 

"I'm coming I'm coming" Darcey cheered as scrurried over to the door, throwing her phone into her bag in the process.

As per usual the boys had been waiting at the hotel bar, enjoying a couple of pints between the three of them. This always seemed like a good idea at the time, until they are eight pints deep and it's only 9pm and judging by the empty shot glasses displayed on the table, tonight was going to be a eventful one. 

"Can you just act normal for this evening. It's all I'll ask of you." Darcey teased Brad as they walked to the taxi together. There was going to be far more than the normal group of mechanics and engineers, they were partying with the team bosses now. 

 "You're asking for a lot then." Brad smirked, before running off ahead of the rest to get into the taxi first. 

When they arrived it was very clear that it wasn't your usual Sunday night and Darcey's hopes of having a private moment with Sebastian began to slip away. The place was filled with people she had met before, people she had met once and some she had never met at all. 

The group went straight to the bar to order their drinks, as the girls found a nice corner of the room to set up base. It didn't take long for Kendall's attention to be strayed as Nico spotted them and made his way over. The pair had been seeing each other casually since the Singapore weekend, now the two hours in the bathroom was making a lot more sense. 

"Nico, fancy seeing you here" Kendall beamed, raising her voice just the right amount so that Scotty was informed on his presence. 

"You asked if I was coming tonight, I even gave you a time" Nico stated, laughing slightly at her odd behaviour all of a sudden. Darcey had met him a couple of times before, he appeared to be quite laid back and down to earth - kind of like his fellow german on the grid.