getting over you // 21

Winter break came at just the right time, making avoiding the situation a lot easier as both went back to their separate lives. It was a huge step back for Sebastian, after making the decision to end things with Sophia he was now stuck between doing what's right and what he wanted.

There was an uncomfortable silence during the flight back to Switzerland, Sebastian always opted for non-commerisal flights but right now he was seriously regretting this decision. Ideally he wouldn't have been flying to Switzerland at all, as returning to the same house where he'd just ended their relationship felt wrong in so many ways.

"Are you not happy to be coming home?" Sophia questioned suddenly, demanding Sebastian attention as he had done nothing but stare out the window since they boarded.

"Of course I am, I've just got a lot on my mind" Sebastian muttered, not having the energy to put into words how he was feelings right now.

"And so do I" She spoke harshly, "I didn't plan this you know?" Sophia added, almost under her breathe this time.

"This isn't about you" Sebastian shot back, letting his frustration out which had been building up since she dropped the bombshell. 

"So what is it about? That girl you were with last night?" Sophia challenged

Sebastian remained silent, the fact that she had even approached the subject was a good enough indication of where this was going. "Answer me Seb, I'm not stupid and I deserve to know what's going on between you two"

"Nothing's going on, okay?" Sebastian growled as the conversation reached it's heating point, just because she was having his child, didn't mean she owned him all of a sudden.

"Good, because I don't want our baby to grow up in a broken home"

"I don't want that either - but we were broken a long time before Darcey came around"

"So let's fix it, for the babies sake" Sophia smiled, Sebastian shifted uncomfortably in his seat but returned the same warm smile - for the babies sake. 

The weeks that followed the couple found themselves falling back into their same routine and family traditions, the busy schedule had Sebastian thinking maybe this was were it all went wrong as they never seemed to have a moment alone. 

However Sebastian had come to terms with the fact that being a good father had to come first, which meant being there for Sophia right now. That wasn't to say that they'd jump right back into bed with each other, in fact Sebastian had been sleeping in the spare bedroom since being home.

The night before he was due to fly out to Barcelona for pre-seaon testing, the same nightmare haunted his dreams. Sebastian never could get the look of hurt and betrayal plasterd across Darcey's face out of his mind. He had lost count of the times he would he stare at her number or typed out a message, just to delete it again. Soon enough he realised nothing could make this better for either of them. So there he was, in for what seemed like another sleepless night. 

Darcey made a promise with herself that this season would be different - she would be different. Still the thought of seeing Sebastian again kept her up all night, as tomorrow she would be meeting the team in Barcelona for pre-testing. She couldn't avoid him forever, but it had been easier back at the factory since the place was so big and had so many departments - a blessing in disguise. 

"I have not missed these early mornings" Darcey sighed, walking over to Brad as he waited for her at the check-in desk. It was only a small team who would take part in the pre-testing as their was still work to be done at the factory. Luckily Darcey still had Brad as moral support.