the life you stole // 34

Darcey's body trembled hard against the ground as she took in her surroundings. She didn't recognise this place at all, it was empty and cold, dark but with a small glimpse of sunlight peering in through the boarded-up windows. It was that light which revealed the person who put her there in the first place.

"Wh-what's going on here?" Darcey stuttered, she didn't even recognise her own voice at this point in time.

"I'm taking back what's mine" He chuckled, as he knelt down to make sure to catch the panic in her eyes. To make it clear who had put her there and who was in control.

"What do you want from me?" She asked, feeling her voice return to normal and her eyes adjusting to the room. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"I want the life you stole from me, you took everything from me" Brad shouted aggressively, standing up to punch the metal door, the sound echoed in the room "And now it's my turn to do the same to you."

"Take what from you? I never took anything from you" She blurted out, but regretted it once she looked into Brad's eyes. They flickered but nothing was there, just pure hatred.

"Do you know what it's like, to see you take and get everything so easily?" Brad grimaced, he took a deep breath before looking down at the ground and pausing.

"Please, you don't have to do this" Darcey pleaded through watering eyes, she was scared as the thought of what he may do to her got worse by the second.

"That's where you're wrong, you see I tried being your friend and thought maybe this was fate" Brad stated as he walked around the room. "But then again I never fit into your perfect little world, I didn't before and I don't now" He stopped and looked down at Darcey, "It's time you got to know how it feels to be forgotten about" Brad whispered, chuckling to himself.

"What do you mean?" Darcey asked, while he continued to laugh to himself.

"Didn't you know, you quit this morning and right now you're on your way back home."

"There's no way they're believing that, you can't get away with this"

"Oh but I already am and soon your new role will be mine, thanks to a little recommendation from yourself of course"

"Is that what this is all about? A bloody job?"

"YOU DON'T FUCKING DESERVE IT!" Brad shouted inches away from her face, she was terrified but she wasn't letting him know that.

"You're not who I thought you were." Darcey hitched her breath, afraid of what he'd do next.

"I guess you don't know me as well as you thought you did," Brad whispered, he words laced with hatred. This man standing in front of her was like a stranger, he was bitter and angry and not at all like the happy goofy man she had met in Milton Keynes.

"What changed? What happened?" Darcey expressed, her words came out as more of a stutter and she wasn't sure she wanted to know the answers.

"You happened, you and our wonderful parents happened" Brad spoke through gritted teeth, "So no my dear little sister, I'm not who you thought I was at all"

Darcey tried to find the words, but nothing came. She just sat there staring at him while Brad got up and walked across the room. She began to gather her thoughts when Brad turned around.

"This photo, was the only thing they left me" Brad pulled a picture out from his wallet. It was a picture from the karting days, Dad, Mum and David standing side by side. "Then for years the only thing I knew about them was how they met and so I became a motorsport mechanic, then worked hard to get into Formula One. I hoped that one day our paths would cross and they'd welcome me into the family, but of course you had to turn up and take everything from me"