home crowd // 28

When Darcey woke up the room was spinning before she could even open her eyes. Her mouth felt toxic, leaving a bad taste in her mouth which left a sour reminder of what happened last night. She forced herself to sit up, the headrush sending a spike of nausea through every inch of her body. Maybe that wasn't a good idea.

"I didn't even drink that much" Darcey whispered to herself.

She needed time to gather herself. Put things together. Everything is vague and fuzzy. How did she get home and how did she get that drunk? And how did she sleep through three missed calls? Darcey hovered over her incoming call screen, trying to decide as to which one she'd rather deal with right now.

"Oh, so you are alive?" David chuckled down the phone, she silently thanked her lucky stars that he didn't seem at all angry or annoyed.

"Barely" Darcey groaned "I'm so sorry for messing everything up today with the shoot and everything, you gave me this opportunity and I just totally threw it away"

"These things happen, luckily we managed to find someone else who happened to be about" David explained, "Although Sebastian seemed pretty concerned when you didn't turn up today"

Darcey froze as flashbacks of last night came rushing back, meeting Seb outside the pub and then having him carry her into the house--then straight to the bathroom.

"He did?" Darcey whispered, not quite knowing how to process this information. Then a text message appeared at the top of the screen. At least she hadn't scared him off, after having to deal with god knows what last night.

Sebastian Vettel

Hey, just wanted to check up on you, hope you're not feeling too rough today. Let me know if you need anything x

"You have no idea how infatuated the lad is with you, do you?" David marvelled, although Darcey wasn't seeing the funny side of it as she felt overwhelmed by guilt at what he must be feeling. "Anyways I'll let you go, enjoy your hangover" You could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

"Thanks, and sorry about today again."

"Don't worry, these things happen--I've done worst believe me" David teased, trying to make Darcey feel better about the whole situation.

"Oh I believe you" Darcey cheered

"So I'll see you next week then" David stated

"Yep, see you then" Darcey sighed as he ended the call on the other end.

Once the phone call had ended her Mum appeared from behind the door, as if she had been waited there to make her entrance. Darcey smiled as she saw that her Mum had brought a glass of water and some pain killers -some things never change I guess.

"Thought you might need these" Claire insisted as she sat down beside her with a glass of water and painkiller in hand, remembering the sounds coming for the bathroom last night.

"Thanks" Darcey muttered as she took the glass and downed it as if she'd been stranded on a desert for months. Her Mum chuckled to herself as she watched her daughter suffer.

"Steady there, no wonder Seb had to look after you last night" Claire declared, Darcey shot her a glare --growing tired of her mother laughing at her misery. "Poor lad"

"Don't remind me" Darcey sighed "I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to face him again" She lay her head in her hands as she tried to stop the flashbacks from coming back.

"It's not that bad--" Claire tried to explain before Darcey interrupted

"Not that bad? He's bloody Sebastian Vettel and I threw up right in front of him" They sat in silence after Darcey outbreak until they both broke out in laughter.